Are You Guys Dating?

requested by anon 

(Y/F/N): your friend's name
(C/F/N): crush's friend's name

~ ~ ~

Another day, another eight hours of being deprived of freedom. School wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the overly challenging tests, the extensive amounts of homework, the teachers who don't teach, and the fake bitches. Sadly enough, that was the reality of school. Although... there was one thing that made school slightly more bearable: (C/N).

Yeah, he teased you often, and yeah, you would get the slightest bit annoyed by it sometimes, but that didn't mean that he didn't bring you joy. You just couldn't show him that he brought you joy. He'd just make fun of you if you did.

People would constantly tease you two, saying that you're meant to be together and that you only made fun of each other because you secretly had a crush on each other. As much as you would never dare to admit it out loud, (C/N) did make your heart flutter, and your brain often wandered to thoughts of him.

"Hi, (Y/N)," (C/N) said, plopping down next to you. "What are you doing? Losering, as usual, I assume."

You raised your eyebrows judgmentally. 

"Your vocabulary makes me lose brain cells."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

He scoffed. "No need to be rude."

"You're rude to me all the time!" you defended.

"Come on, (Y/N), you know I only do that because I looove youuu~" he said in a singsong voice.

Your face flushed, and you attempted to hide your smile.

"Oh, is someone blushing? Aww!" he pinched your cheek.

You smacked his hand away.

"No," you mumbled.

"Oh, come on, (Y/N), don't be shy!"

You glared at him, and he just smiled back at you.

The teacher began class, cutting off your conversation.

"We're going to be doing a partner activity, and since I'm feeling nice today, I'll let you pick," the teacher announced.

Your turned to look over at your friend, who was already looking at you. You both nodded your heads.

"Umm, excuse me, who are you nodding at?" (C/N) asked.

"(Y/F/N), of course!"

"I wanted us to be partners," he pouted.

"Uhh..."

"Alright, go pick a partner!" the teacher said.

"(Y/N), you always work with her! Can you work with me just this once?" he pleaded.

You raised your eyebrows, amused. "Why do you want to work with me so badly?"

His eyes widened. "Umm... I-I-"

"Hey (Y/N), sorry, but (C/F/N) actually wants to work with me. And... it seems like (C/N) really wants to work with you or else he'll die, so... yeah, you guys can work together," (Y/F/N) said, giving you a secret wink.

(C/N) smiled. "Now you have no choice."

You rolled your eyes playfully. "Let's get to work then."

You and (C/N) started working on the assignment, but not very diligently. You two were constantly chatting and enjoying each other's presence. If only you could see each other the way other people saw you.

To others, it looked like you two were constantly flirting with each other, which you were, it's just that neither of you noticed it. It was so obvious to everyone else that your constant teasing and bickering was just an odd way of showing affection.

On this given day, however, one of your clueless peers, who just now happened to notice, spoke up.

"Are you guys dating?"

You and (C/N)'s heads both whipped around. (Y/F/N) and (C/F/N) turned their heads in the direction, knowing very well that he was talking about you and (C/N).

"Excuse me?" you asked.

"Why would you think that?" (C/N) asked.

"Why would you even ask that?" you added.

"I dunno, you guys are always flirting with each other and I just thought-"

"Okay, that's enough," (Y/F/N) intervened. "You guys just go back to work and don't worry about it," she said to you and (C/N).

You cheeks burned as you turned back around. That was embarrassing.

(C/N) cleared his throat. "So uh... what were we talking about?"

"I... don't remember," you admitted.

You sat there in awkward silence, still embarrassed at what had happened. You throat went dry, so you reached down to grab your water bottle.

"Can I have a sip?" (C/N) asked.

"Don't you have your own?"

"Yeah, but I drank all of it," he said sheepishly.

The corners of your lips upturned slightly, but you tried to coolly shrug it off and you handed your water bottle to him.

You acted casual, like it wasn't a big deal, but you were freaking out on the inside. Who wouldn't freak out at an indirect kiss with their crush?

"Thanks, (Y/N)," he said once he drank all of the water.

You looked in the bottle. "You drank like all of it," you whined quietly.

"Sorry, I was thirsty."

"Heh heh."

"Oh, shut up!" he nudged you softly.

You giggled, which was something you'd usually try to avoid doing in front of him, but in that moment, you couldn't control it. He made you feel warm inside, like no one else did. Maybe, just maybe, he'd tease you less after this.