The Sabre

It was awkward for me to ask him "Can i sit here..?" He looked surprised but then quickly smiled and said "Sure why not" and i sat down. We were next to a window so he looked out as the teacher made an introduction. "Alright everyone let's begin! My name is Ms. Lilah and..." I listened unlike him, sometimes i would look over and steal some glances. Not because i was interested no way! But i was curious what type of breed he was. I came to the conclusion that he was probably an orange tabby cat. Based on his orange ears and his stripped orange tail. After a while the teacher said "Welp that's all you have to know about this class and about me so feel free to talk to each other for the rest of the period or come up to my desk if you have any questions" everybody immediately started talking to each other. I was awkward there for a few minutes so i was thinking on taking a nap when the boy started talking to me "You seem new, i don't recall seeing you here in freshmen year" he simply said "Y-yeah i am new..." i didn't know what else to say "Not very social eh?... Well my name's Milo Thread, nice to meet you" he put his hand out and i shook it "My names Nyx Flaws, nice to meet you Milo" i smiled, second friend today! Awesome. He suddenly got close and smelled me which freaked me out. Will every person i meet do this!? I felt people staring again and i heard whispers "You smell is rather strange but you are definitely a meif'wa correct?" I freaked out DOES IT REALLY MATTER THAT I'M A MEIF'WA!! "Haha... sure" i looked away "Well, welcome to my pack Nyx, you better get use to talking to me, we will be sitting in the same seats for the rest of the year" i realized that but i won't be coming as often as he thinks i am. He does seem like a nice guy though "Alright then..." We talked the rest of the class and it was nice, turns out we have the same taste in food. The bell rang and class was over and everyone started leaving "Nyx would you mind if you stayed after for a few minutes? I'll write you a pass" Asked the teacher "Yeah alright" i said walking up to her desk grabbing a chair. I looked at her and her fur was brown so i guess her breed was a Havana brown. After everyone left and she made sure everyone did she said "Is it really true that you're a half breed!? I heard from the staff this morning but i really wanted to see for myself" She looked so intent to know "Yes... why?" I asked kinda worried "I was just curious, wow a half breed, you're a real gem you know that! Probably the only one in the world" She smiled "Any other kid would confuse you but i am a vet so i notice the little details, your ears are structured like a cats but are positioned like a werewolves and are as long as one. Your tail is sorter from a werewolves but it moves like a cats! Not to mention your fur! so delicate! I have so many questions!" She says excitedly "Hehe well... thanks i guess..?" I say kinda scared of this woman "You must have been popular with the boys huh? Just look how beautiful you are!" That just hit me right in the chest "No i wasn't haha... in fact, the total opposite..." In reality, all of my life i was bullied and called nasty names. I don't want anybody to know for the fear of my past repeating itself "Please don't tell anybody else i don't want to risk any potential friendships... please?" Her excitement left her "Oh... a-alright, well let me write you a pass" she did and when i was about to leave "By the way, i know how you feel" i turned around and she made her ears and tail disappear "You're not alone, so come by during my free period if you'd like to talk about it. It should be during your lunch time" she smiled. She's a halfling, haflings have the amazing power of making their extra limbs disappear and appear human or disguise themselves as only what their other other halfs appears to be... i guess i could take her up on her offer "Thanks" and i left.