Homecoming (Pt. 4)

"I am a halfling!!" Nixon yelled. The crowd fell into silence once again, it was awkward for about a minute, then "I am a halfling!" Everyone then shifted their attention to the other side of the room. Who shouted that was Ms. Lilah! "I am albino!" It was Scarlet's voice! I suddenly heard so many voices starting to join in saying many different things. Some having things different to them, some saying their breeds, race, religion, everything you could think of that society considered a "disability" "not normal" "Gross" It made me smile. These voices full of pride, getting louder and louder. Smiling, laughing, together, not laughing at each other, all except for Trixie of course "You see Trixie!?" i yelled at her through the mic. She looked all kinds of upset towards me "All it needs is one person.." Everyone got quiet once again listening to me "One person to say... that we are all the same, but we are all unique and our own person. You guys don't act or look exactly like your siblings right?? or cousins, or aunts and uncles!" Everyone responded saying "Yeah!" or howling "Because, like the name of the school says, We all are our own Pure Breed!" Everyone cheered louder than ever. I saw Trixie leave the crowd. I felt so overwhelmingly happy, i did this, i made this huge impact. Something i didn't even know i could do, as a half breed, as me "So..." I spoke softly through the mic, grabbing everyone's attention once again "How about let's all get along and enjoy this dance, it's far from over!" Everyone cheered loudly once again. Everyone clapped and cheered for me. The principal came back on stage to take the mic from me. The music was put on once again, so she leaned down my ear and said "That was a beautiful speech Nyx" I smiled up at here, she then said "Also sorry i put you on the spot like that" I chuckle "It's alright, that felt good to say" She just smiles at me, suddenly the twins ran up on stage and both hugged me "That was amazing Nyx!" They yelled. "Haha..! Thank you guys!" Then when i calm down from the surprise, i then see Nixon approaching me. He then pulls me in for a hug and whispers in my ear "You're amazing Nyx..." I hug him back feeling so happy "Alright kids, you all enjoy the rest of the dance" The principal said and walked off the stage. Then i see Scarlet and Baltroy walk on stage and Scarlet asks "Hey how about we go ahead and take our pictures now?" We all look at each other and smile, then Joy yells out "Let's do it then!" and i laugh.

We spend the rest of the dance taking our official homecoming photos, professionally, Nixon actually recognizes the photographer as the same guy who took our pictures in the amusement park a while back, i knew he looked familiar. The photographer was actually glad to see us because he finished with our pictures and wanted to give it to us but he lost our information in the washer when he cleaned his clothes..? We all had a good laugh out of that. The pictures were so cute, the man did a really good job with them. The rest of the dance was amazing and fun. I would sometimes look around and would see everyone was not segregated anymore. Humans were talking to humanoids, Avians were talking to Merfolk. Jackrabbits with were-dogs, Even werewolves were talking with meif'wa. It was amazing, the air wasn't heavy anymore. After a few more hours the dance was finally over. It was fun and all but i get so exhausted of social events after a while. Everyone was starting to make their way out of the school and either into their cars parked in the school parking lot or to cars where kids parents were picking them up. 

Nixon and i came out hand in hand, i was visibly exhausted. Nixon chuckled and said "Don't worry you'll be taken home soon... Oh!" He looked forward and so did i. Mom and Dad, and also Nixon's parents were already here! "Mom! Dad!" i said excited and relieved, i miss my bed. I ran to Mom and Dad and hugged them both "Did you have fun??" Mom asked excited, i smile and say "Yeah, but i had enough fun, can we go home?" My mom chuckled, then she leaned to my ear and said "Go say bye to Nixon first" I turned to look at him, and he was already talking with his parents, then he looked over to me and we made eye contact "O-ok.." I told mom "i'll be right back then" Then i started walking towards him, and him towards me. Then we were just in front of each other "So.. i'll see you tomorrow?" He asked "Y-yeah.." He then leans down and kisses me on the forehead, and he whispers "I love you." He smiles softly at me, i didn't respond because of how nervous i got. Then he waves and turns around to start walking back to his parents. But then i grabbed the back of his shirt, he turned around surprise, but then i yelp "I love you too..!" I felt embarrassed, but it felt right to say, then suddenly Nixon hugs me. I hug him back, extremely happy. We let go and we walk back to our parents. Dad just yanks me to him "WAH!" And starts vigorously wiping my forehead "Dad that hurts!!" Then he stopped "There!" I hold my forehead in pain, then dad kisses my cheek and says "Let's go home" I smile at his silly gesture. Then we all get in the car and head home