The Date

"Well that was fun" Nixon said looking at me "Yeah that was kinda weird, but hey! They like you!" he chuckled "I hope so... Because I like them too" we chuckled "You look amazing..." I blushed. He then suddenly got uneasy "I'm sorry! That just came out... But it's no lie" my chest felt very tight, my face was really heating up "T-Thanks, by the way you look great too..." very handsome in fact. Stop saying that word it's so weird!! "Oh!... thanks, my parents actually helped, they overheard us talking on the phone and they got excited for me and did all of this" I looked up at him surprised and busted out laughing "Seriously!? Same here!" he started laughing too "Wait Really!?" he laughed. We calmed down "Now come on your chariot awaits" I rolled my eyes "Alright sure" I chuckled and went into the car

"You're gonna love it I promise" and he started driving "It's actually gonna take about an hour and a half to get there though so you can go ahead and catch some zzz's of you want I won't mind" I looked at him surprised, why that long? "Cool alright" and I got a bit comfortable, I was pretty tired so I shut my eyes. I'm guessing about 15 minutes passed. I wasn't able to sleep since I felt so nervous. Nixon thought I was asleep so he started talking to himself, but what he said was meant for me?? "You know Nyx, I've actually never done this for anyone, you're the first person. I never had friends to hang out with and I always thought I wouldn't do something like this for anyone since people were always jackasses, but I guess you're special... You deserve to have at least one day of fun, and maybe I do as well" I heard every word and it made me happy, I turned around and said "Nixon... You..??" he looked at me surprised "Wait you heard that!? I thought you were-" he was blushing "Was that for me...?" he stopped at a red light and looked down "Um... Yeah..." I smiled "That was sweet" he looked up and awkwardly smiled "Now next time warn me..." the light turned green and he drove "Couldn't sleep?" he asked "Nah too nervous" he chuckled "About what?" I blushed "Hanging out today, I don't want to mess up anything" he looked at me "What? Mess up? How?" I looked down "I don't know. I can be clumsy and just weird and-" he cut my off "Nyx. This is about having fun. Loosen up, how can you mess up a day when your supposed to do whatever and not worry about anything?" I looked up at him "Promise me you'll have fun ok?" I nodded "Yeah I will" we talked more and eventually I dozed off for a bit.
.
.
.
"Nyx wake up, we're here" I heard Nixon whisper and I woke up "Huh..? We are...?" I sat up "Yeah, look out" I rubbed my eyes then I see out "Woah!" We are at the ocean! "This is amazing!" I smiled, it looked so beautiful "Come on if you want a closer look" he got out and so did i. I ran up to the board walk, up to the railing, and took a deep breath. The smell is exactly how I imagined it would be. Salty, humid, relaxing *click* I suddenly heard so I turned to where the noise came from. Nixons phone was out and pointing my direction. Wait... Did he take a picture of me!? "Oops I forgot to turn down the sound" Nixon said sticking his tongue out "Did you take a picture of me!? Delete it!!!" I said running up to him "I'm sorry I want to make memories, it's that so wrong??" He asked, then he made a face that made me feel bad "Alright fine, next time just ask or warn me..." I looked away annoyed "I was joking, how about this?" He grabbed me close to him "Smile to the camera" I looked up at his camera and shyly smiled and he took a picture "Not used to taking pictures of yourself are you??" he asked. I sighed "Nope not at all" he chuckled "Me neither, in fact I hate it" I then asked him "Then why just now...?" he smiled "Again I want to make memories, maybe frame them when I can" that made me happy for some reason "Hey come on, this was just the first surprise" he grabbed my hand "Huh? Where are we going?" he tugged me towards somewhere "Don't you know the meaning of surprise?" and we kept walking somewhere. The whole time walking there I was just staring at his hand holding mine. It was... Nice.

Happy New Year 🎉
-IntrovertedTomboy