6

I got out of my tent that morning, exhausted and sore. I looked around and saw Andrea still holding Amy. I sighed and walked passed her, watching as Daryl plunged a pick axe into a walkers head before letting T-dog and Glenn throw it into the fire. I sat next to Lori by another fire, set up away from the other one.

"Morning, sweetie." She said.

Rick walked up. "She still won't move?" He asked, looking at Andrea.

Lori shook her head. "She won't even talk to us. She's been there all night. What do we do?" She asked.

Shane looked up. "We can't just leave Amy like that. We need to deal with it. Same as the others."

Rick nodded. "I'll tell her how it is." He made his way towards Andrea. When he reached her, he crouched down, but stood back up quickly. Seeing that Andrea had a gun in his face. She said something and Rick nodded, backing away slowly, with one hand up.

Andrea lowered her gun, focusing her attention back on Amy. Daryl walked up with the pick axe resting on his shoulder. "Y'all can't be serious. Let that girl hamstring us? The dead girl's a time bomb."

He looked at Rick. "Then what do you suggest?" He asked.

Daryl walked closer to Rick. "Take the shot. Clean in the brain from here. Hell, I can hit a turkey between the eyes from this distance."

"No. For God's sakes, let her be." Lori interrupted. Rick and Shane exchanged glances. Daryl scoffed and walked away.

I watched as he walked over to help Morales drag a body to the pile of walkers. "Hey, what are you doing? This is for the geeks, our people are over there." Glenn pointed.

Daryl turned his head. "What's the difference? They're all infected." He stood up and looked at Glenn.

"Our people go in that row over there. We don't burn them! We bury them. Understand?" Daryl stood there for a moment, then bent back down over the body. "Our people go over there." Glenn repeated. I stood up and walked over to him.

"You okay, Glenn?"

"Yeah it's just...we shouldn't burn our people." He sighed.

I patted him on the shoulder. "I'll help make sure they don't."

"Y'all left my brother for dead!" I looked over at Daryl. "You had this coming!" He pointed to the row of bodies. I sighed.

"A walker got him! A walker bit Jim!" Jacqui yelled, hurrying away from Jim. My eyes widened and I stepped forward, all of us standing around Jim.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." He insisted.

Daryl walked forward with a pick axe. "Show it to us. Show it to us!" He demanded. Jim turned around and grabbed a shovel.

"Grab him." Daryl said.

"I'm okay. I'm okay." T-dog came up behind him and grabbed Jim's arms, holding them tightly. Daryl ran forward and lifted Jim's shirt, revealing a swollen, red bite mark on his stomach. T-dog let go and Jim kept insisting that he was okay.

I walked over to Jim and put a hand on his back. "Come on." I led him to the RV and we sat behind it. Everyone else gathered in a circle.

Jim sighed. "Their gonna kill me. I know it." I shook my head.

"I won't let that happen. I promise."

He scoffed. "You know, you were right yesterday. When you told me I was lucky that I knew what happened to my family. Because now I know that I'm going to see them again."

I sighed. "You can't tell anyone I told you I have-had a son. Promise me."

He nodded. "I promise."

I looked back over at everybody and saw Daryl coming over, raising his pick axe. "No!" I shouted, throwing my body in front of Jim.

Rick pulled out his gun and pointed it at Daryl's head. "Hey! We don't kill the living." He said.

Daryl looked back at Rick, lowering the pick axe. "That's funny, coming from a man who just put a gun to my head." Shane stood in front of me.

"We may disagree on some things. Not on this. You put it down. Go on." Daryl angrily threw down the pick axe and stormed off. Rick walked over to Jim. "Come with me."

"Where are you taking me?" Jim stood up, going with Rick. I followed.

"Somewhere safe." Rick said. He took him in the RV then went to talk to Shane.

I was about to walk away when he called my name. "Charlotte....please stay." I sighed.

"I can't, Jim. I'll come by later though." I smiled, leaving the RV and walking over to Lori, sitting next to her. I stared at Amy. "She's gonna turn soon." I sighed.

Lori nodded. "Yeah, but Andrea won't let hardly anyone go near her." I watched as Andrea put her ear down to Amy's mouth, which I noticed was moving slightly.

"Oh my god." I nudged Lori. Amy lifted one of her hands, touching Andrea's cheek. Almost as if she recognized her. She sat up, clutching Andrea's hair.

Andrea mumbled to her, pulling out her gun. "I'm sorry, Amy." She said, pulling the trigger. Amy went limp, falling back to the ground with blood pooling around her head.