7

"Everybody listen up. Those of you with C.B.'s, we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now you got a problem, don't have a C.B., can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?" Shane asked.

Morales stepped forward. "We're, uh...We're not going." He looked at his wife. "We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people."

Shane raised his eyebrows. "You go on your own, you don't have anyone to watch your back."

"We'll take that chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales said.

"You sure?" Rick asked.

"We talked about it. We're sure."

"All right." Rick and Shane bent over and grabbed a gun and a box of ammo out of the gun bag and gave it to Morales. "The box it half full." Shane said. Daryl scoffed.

Lori stood up and walked over to them. "Thank you all...for everything." Morales' family started saying goodbye to everybody.

"Channel 40. If you change your minds." Rick told Morales. He nodded and they all walked away to their car.

"Let's move out." Shane called.

Daryl nudged my arm. "C'mon, you're stuff is already in the truck."

I raised my eyebrows. "Who says I'm riding with you?" I asked.

"I do." He answered, hopping in his truck.

I chuckled and walked over, getting in. Daryl started the truck and we all followed the RV.

~*~*~*~

I rolled down the window and stuck my arm out, smiling at how cool the air was, seeing that it's over 100 degrees. "So Charlie, how long has it been?" Daryl asked.

I looked at him, breathing a laugh. "16 long years."

He shook his head. "Where's you're sister?" He asked.

"Most likely dead."
"You're mom?"
"Hopefully dead." I sighed. "That last day I saw you, Liz came home because she had gained full custody of me, so she saved me, you could say. Queen bitch didn't want me anyways."

He stayed silent. "I would have said goodbye, but Liz wanted to get out of there as fast as we could. Sorry." He nodded. I rolled my eyes and looked back out the window. He's terrible at accepting apologies.

We started to slow down. "What the hell?" Daryl mumbled as we came to a stop behind the RV. We all got out and I noticed that the RV was smoking.

I sighed. "Great." I took a hair band out of my bag and put my hair in a ponytail. We all stood around the hissing RV. "I told you we'd never get far on that hose. I said I needed the one from the cube van." Dale told Rick.

"Can you jury-rig it?" Rick asked.

"That's all its been so far. It's more duct tape than hose. And I'm out of duct tape." Dale shrugged, glancing at the RV.

Shane looked down the road with his binoculars. "I see something up ahead. A gas station if we're lucky."

Jacqui rushed out of the RV. "Y'all, Jim- Its bad. I don't think he can take anymore." She went back inside. I sighed and went to my bag, grabbing my knife, putting it in my boot. A photo of Luke fell out.

"Shit." I mumbled, bending over and picking it up. When I stood back up, Daryl was standing there, causing me to jump. "Dammit, Daryl. Don't scare me like that." I said.

He pointed at the picture in my hand. "Who's that?" He asked. I stuffed the photo in my back pocket. "No one." I said quickly, walking passed him.

~*~*~*~