28

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl asked.

"Who the hell are you?" One countered.

"He's bleeding out. We gotta go back." Rick rushed. "Come around here. Put pressure on the knee. Hard, hard! Push, push."

Daryl and I inched forward. "Why don't you come on outta there?" Daryl spoke. The prisoners obeyed. "Slow and steady."

"What happened to him?" The first one asked.

"He got bit."

"Bit?" The man pulled his gun out.

"Whoa, whoa! Easy now. Nobody needs to get hurt."

He aimed his gun at the three of us. Glenn rushed by, ignoring him. "You have medical supplies?"

"Whoa, where do you think you're going?"

Walkers were banging at the door. "Who the hell are you people, anyway?"

"Don't look like no rescue team."

Rick was sitting Hershel up. "If a rescue team is what you're waiting for, don't. Come on. We gotta go! Now! Come on! I need a hand here!"

They lifted Hershel onto a table. T opened the door, killing a walker in riot gear. We backed out of the room, leaving the prisoners.

We rushed down the hall, getting Hershel back as fast as we could. "Stop. Stop." Rick said, pointing back down the hall. We saw their shadows from around the corner. The man with the gun came first, aiming it at us.

We started moving again, watching them closely. "Open the door! Rick shouted. "Carl! Come on!"

T-dog, Daryl and I stayed back, closing the cell block door. Daryl loaded a bolt, aiming at the doorway. We listened to the approaching footsteps. One came around the corner, eying our weapons. "That's far enough." Daryl said.

"Cell block C. Cell four, that's mine, gringo. Let me in. Maybe you can join me." He winked at me.

I scoffed. "Say that again, he'll put a bolt through your skull."

"Today's your lucky day, fellas. You've been pardoned by the state of Georgia. You're free to go."

"What you got going on in there?"

"It ain't none of your concern."

He pulled out his gun, walking closer. "Don't be telling me what's my concern."

"Chill, man." Another one said. "Dude's leg is messed up. Besides, we're free now. Why are we still in here?"

"The man's got a point."

"Yeah, and I gotta check on my old lady."

The man with the gun scoffed. "A group of civilians breaking in to a prison you got no business being in. Got me thinking there ain't no place for us to go."

"Why don't you go find out." Daryl taunted.

"Maybe we'll just be going now."

"Hey, we ain't leaving."

T came around a corner, aiming his gun. "You ain't coming in either."

"Hey, this is my house, my rules. I go where I damn well please!"

We had a shouting match. "There ain't nothing for you here! Why don't you go back to your own sandbox?!"

"Hey, everyone relax. There's no need for this." Rick interrupted.

"How many of you in there?" The leader asked.

Rick scowled. "Too many for you to handle."

"You guys rob a bank or something?" Why don't you take him to a hospital?" We all exchanged looks.