2

How's that signal?" Morales asked T-dog as him and Rick walked over.

"Like Dixon's brain-weak."

"Keep trying."

Andrea turned around. "Why, there's nothing they can do. Not a damn thing." Andrea walked away.

"She's right, we're on our own. It's up to us to find a way out."

"Good luck with that. These streets ain't safe in this part of town from what I hear." He looked at me. "Ain't that right, sugar tits? Hey, honeybun. What say you get me out of these cuffs, we go off somewhere and bump some uglies? Gonna die anyway."

I scoffed. "I'd rather."

"Rug muncher, I figured as much."

I started walking away. "Hey, wait a minute." I sighed, turning around. "What you mean we grew up on the same street?"

"I'm Charlotte, the ten year old Daryl looked after. You beat on him for it, remember?"

Merle nodded, smiling. "I remember you. You were turning him into a pussy. I had to make him right again."

I scoffed. "He wasn't a pussy, he kept me safe from my own mother. He still alive?"

Merle nodded. "Take these cuffs off and I'll take you to 'im."

I scoffed. "We're not going anywhere thanks to you.

~*~

After searching for a way out through the sewers and finding it to be barred off, we were forced to come up with another plan. This plan was disgusting. Here we stood, all of us wearing trench coats and rubber gloves. Rick had an axe, ready to chop the walker laid before us to pieces and rub its guts on me, himself and Glenn.

Rick took a moment, reading the mans name off his wallet. "Wayne Dunlap. Georgia license. Born in 1979." He passed the license to Glenn. "He had $28 in his pocket when he died...and a picture of a pretty girl." He flipped the picture over. "With love, from Rachel. He used to be like us. Worrying about bills or the rent or the Super Bowl. If I ever find my family I'm gonna tell them about Wayne." Rick closed Wayne's wallet and put it back in his pocket. He stood up and put the mask over his face again and picked up the axe.

"One more thing." Glenn said. "He was an organ donor."

Rick swung the axe into Wayne's stomach, then cutting off his limbs. A putrid stench instantly surrounded us. Rick chopped off his arm and a leg, then handed the axe to Morales so he could keep chopping. "Everybody got gloves?" We all nodded. "Don't get any on your skin or in your eyes." We all bent over the body, digging out handfuls of guts and blood. It was Glenn, Rick and I that were going. They started rubbing the guts all over us. I grimaced as I wiped my hands down my body, the chunks of flesh sticking to the coat.

Glenn was the worst. "Oh, this is bad. This is really bad!" Someone draped part of the intestines around his shoulders.

"Think about something else." Rick's face was twisted with disgust. "Puppies and kittens."

I gagged when Jacqui draped the other part of the intestines around my shoulders. "Dead puppies and kittens." T-dog mumbled.

It was then that Glenn bent over and hurled. "Dude, come on." I said, putting my arms out.

"That is just evil. What is wrong with you?" Andrea shook her head at T-dog.

"Next time let that cracker beat his ass." Jacqui said to Rick. I stifled a laugh.

"I'm sorry."

"You suck."

"Do we smell like them?" Rick asked.

Andrea nodded. "Oh, yeah." She gave Glenn her gun, Rick gave some orders, chopped the walker some more to get more guts and then we were on our way.

We were completely covered by the time we left, not a single inch of the coats we wore was left untouched by blood. We stumbled down the alley like walkers, weapons hanging by our sides. The walkers would sometimes sniff us, but other than that we were ignored.

We crawled under a bus to get to the street, moving slowly so we wouldn't get caught. I looked up when I heard rumbling, spotting a nearly black cloud. Please God don't let it start raining. It felt as if we were walking for hours. "It's gonna work. I can't believe it." I shushed Glenn.

"Don't draw attention." Rick said between his teeth. A walker went between him and Glenn, eying Glenn. Glenn growled, imitating a walker. She continued walking and Glenn sighed in relief. Then, things got worse. It started raining. I looked down at the ground, noticing pieces of flesh and guts falling off our coats. Walkers started noticing us, growling.

"The smell's washing off, isn't it? Is it washing off?" Glenn asked.

"No, it's not." Rick said. A walker stared at Rick as it passed, sniffing the air. "Well, maybe."

Suddenly, a walker roared from behind us and Rick turned, bringing his axe down on its head. "Run!"

We started running, pushing the walkers in front of us out of the way. They were roaring, running after us. We had to hit a few, and I kicked out their knees in hopes of slowing them down.

We made it there faster than we thought, tossing our weapons over the fence and then making it over ourselves. We removed our jackets and Glenn went for the keys while Rick and I shot walkers coming over the fence. We ran to the truck and Rick and Glenn got in. I hoped in, sitting on Glenn's lap. "Hold onto me so I don't fall." Glenn wrapped his arms around my waist and I grabbed the handle. The walkers knocked the fence over, pouring in. Rick backed away from the walkers and turned down another road.

I jumped off of Glenn and into the back, catching my breath. "Oh my god, oh my god! They're all over that place."

"You need to draw them away. Those roll-up windows at the front of the store-that area?-that's what I need cleared. Raise you friends, tell them to get down there and be ready. Charlotte, you go with him, the more noise the better.

"And we're drawing the geeks away how? I-I missed that part.

"Noise."

A ways down the street, we stopped at a parking lot, having spotted a cherry red mustang. Rick smashed the window and the car alarm started blaring.

Rick unlocked the car and started it with a flathead. Glenn and I got in quickly. I leaned out the window, shouting at the walkers as we tore down the street. "Come on, dumbasses! This way!" I yelled. I got back in the car when they started following us, rolling up my window.

"You're crazy, you know that?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I know, now focus, there's no room for error." Glenn turned again, the tires squealing. "Those roll up doors at the front of the store facing the street-meet is there and be ready." Glenn spoke quickly into the walkie.

We passed Rick, drawing the walkers in our direction. Glenn drove passed the street, slamming his foot on the breaks and throwing it in reverse. He backed down the street waiting until the walkers were close enough to the car and then kept moving. He slammed on the gas, expertly spinning the car around and he started driving again.

I looked behind us, enough of the walkers were following that Rick would be able to get the others out. I smiled, bouncing in my seat. "You did it Glenn! Nice!" I laughed.

Once we got the walkers off our tail, we sped for the highway. Glenn was cheering and I was laughing, both of us relieved we got out, but the adrenaline still pumping. "Where'd you learn to drive like that?"

Glenn shrugged, a smile plastered on his face from ear to ear. "I delivered pizzas before this. Guess I picked up a few things!"

I smiled back. "Good thing, cause you just saved our asses!"

Glenn gave a quick salut with two fingers. "Anytime, friend."