81

The people who took Gabriel lived in a landfill. Rick got them to make a deal. They help us fight if we find them guns, a lot of guns. The next time I saw Daryl, he was back at Hilltop. He told me he saw Carol. She's living on her own, told him she doesn't want to kill anymore. So, he didn't tell her about Glenn and Abraham. Which I completely understood. If she doesn't want to, why force her? I didn't visit for long, though. We couldn't risk the Saviors showing up at Alexandria.

When I got back home, I was informed the group was going to a place Tara found. That they were going to get Daryl and then go to this place. It's called Oceanside. "Well, I'm going, I want to help, I need to."

Tara shook her head. "No, these women, their leader, she can be ruthless. If you got hurt, if your baby got hurt, I'd never forgive myself."

I sighed. "God, this being pregnant thing sucks."

Tara smiled. "That thing in there doesn't suck. It's the future. We need to keep it safe, to keep you safe. Just, ah, keep in mind, Tara's a pretty great name." I chuckled.

I nodded, waving my hand at her. "Yeah, yeah. Get outta here before I get emotional."

All day I didn't know what to do with myself. I showered, I walked, played with Faith and Luke, walked some more. Mostly I just hung out by the gate, just waiting for them to get back.

When I heard a car pulling up, I was confused. They took the RV. The gate opened and the car pulled in. I stood once two people got out, my blood burning hot once I realize who. I pulled out my knife and slammed him against the car, blade to his throat. He held his hands up. "I should kill you right now. Daryl told me what you did to him. Rosita, what the hell are you doing with this walking piece of shit?"

Rosita grabbed my arm. "He says he's here to help. I'm gonna take him to the cell. Bring Rick, Daryl, and Tara when they get back."

I released him, shoving him away. "Try anything...I'll cut you wide open."

~*~

It was dark when they got back. I opened the gate and let them in, closing it quickly behind them. They all got out, coming to me. I swallowed thickly. "There's someone here."

I brought them to the cell, plus Michonne and Jesus. Rosita opened the cell door and Dwight stood up. Daryl started shoving past us but Rick stopped him, holding him back. "He says he wants to help us." Rosita told Rick.

Rick nodded and turned to look at Dwight, one hand still on Daryl's chest. "That true? You wanna help?"

"I do." He nodded.

Rick stopped his hand and faced him fully. "Okay." He aimed his gun at Dwight's head. "Get on your knees."

••••••••••••
I know this isn't long but I like starting a new chapter when something big happens