76

It's been a few days since...Negan. All I could do with myself was take care of Faith, and take care of myself. I was on a walk with Faith when I heard the trucks. I turned and ran as fast as I could back to my house. I locked the strollers wheels and rushed inside, bringing Luke outside. "Mom, what are you doing?"

I grabbed the stroller once we were down the stairs, heading across the street. "You are going to your aunts. You don't know me. You were here before we got here. You are Liz's son. Hide Faith. You call her mom in front of them. Do you-"

"In front of who?" He asked as we went up the stairs.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "The Saviors."

Before he could argue, I ran off the porch and back into my house. I sat on the couch, and waited.

~*~

When I saw Negan walking down the street I went outside. I froze when I saw Daryl. He was wearing dirty clothes, the letter A painted onto the front. I had to restrain from running up to him. "Well, look who it is, Daryl! Your wife, Charlie! We were just talking about you! Come on down here!" I walked down the porch steps, stopping at the bottom. "Closer."

I swallowed thickly and walked closer. He smiled. "You are a beautiful woman." He said, getting in my face. "Daryl was a lucky guy."

I glared at him. "Was?"

Negan chuckled. "Damn right. I had a thought on our way here. I would love if you came back with me, and became my wife." I backed away some and looked at Daryl. He looked away. "Don't you look at him. I'm talking to you." He took a step closer. "You'd live like queen. Protected. Fed." He looked at Daryl and smiled. "Thoroughly screwed." I grimaced.

When he turned back to me, I smacked him. He smiled. "That was hot. Now you definitely gotta come back with me."

I scoffed, getting in his face. "You. Repulse. Me."

He sighed. "Well, that's unfortunate, I guess you'll just have to live here, unpro-"

He stopped when a baby crying came from Liz's house. "No..." I whispered. "Goddamnit, no..."

"Let's take look at this house. I got a good feeling about it."

"Please, don't." I rushed.

He turned to look at me. "I think I will."

I followed him into the house. Liz was pacing, Faith crying in her arms. She saw Negan and then me. "I'm sorry, I tried."

"Shut up." I said through gritted teeth.

Negan took Faith and she slowly stopped crying. I clenched my fists. He looked at me, pointing a finger. "She's yours, isn't she? Don't lie to me, I can see it in your eyes. It is taking every fiber of your being not to punch me in the face right now." He smiled, letting Faith wrap her little fingers around on of his.

I nodded reluctantly. "Can I please...can you please give her to me? Please?"

He chuckled, handing her over. I held tight and backed away some. "I'm gonna have to pay her a visit next time we come here."

~*~

I was sitting on the couch in my living room when they finally left. I jumped when there was a knock at the door. "Come in."

The door opened and closed. I looked up and saw Rick. "I'm sorry...I tried to convince him to let Daryl stay. Daryl didn't...he didn't want to. He's afraid of him."

I shook my head. "That's probably part of it, but he thinks he deserves it. Negan...killed Glenn after Daryl punched him. He thinks he needs to be punished. I wish I could tell him that it's not his fault."