58

Tyreese was dead. Him and a few others took Noah to where he lived. There was nothing left. They found severed arms and legs in the grass, some of them children, then they ran into a truck full of the torsos with the heads still attached. Ty got bit and they cut his arm off, but it was too late. The blood loss killed him. Now I'm pretty sure we're all gonna die. We had no food, no water. Rivers were all dried up. It hasn't rained for I don't even know how long. Our van ran out of gas. And the car before that did too. We've just been walking now, for miles, headed towards Washington even though Eugene lied. I'm grateful Faith hasn't cried. It wouldn't help, considering the growing herd of walkers following us. "I'm gonna head out." Daryl handed his gun to Rick. "See what I can find."

"Hey, don't be too long."

Carol nudged my arm. "Go with him, give him this. It was Beth's." Carol held out Beth's knife.

I shook my head. "You were with her on her last day, you go."

"You sure?" I nodded.

She smiled, walking after him. "I'll go with you."

"I got it."

"You gonna stop me?"

They disappeared into the woods and we kept walking.

~*~

When we came across a bridge with a deep canyon underneath, we decided to get rid of the walkers. Rick, Glenn, Michonne, Abraham, Sasha, and Maggie were luring the walkers to the edge and pushing them over or stepping out of the way so they fell. The rest of us stood at the other end of the bridge, watching them. The plan seemed to be going well. Then Sasha attacked a walker, stabbing it in the head. "Damn it, Sasha." I mumbled.

They all drew their knifes, taking the walkers out. "Luke, take her." I quickly handed Faith to Luke, running across the bridge towards Rick, who was about to get bit. Daryl came out of nowhere, ripping the walker off of him. I started stabbing other walkers, moving shoulder to shoulder with Carol.

Michonne pushed Sasha to the ground, killing the last walker. "I told you to stop." Sasha stood up, giving Michonne a death glare before she sheathed her knife and crossed the bridge.

~*~

We found a few of cars on the road, hoping we would find something. Daryl went into the woods, refusing to let me or Carol go with him. We didn't find anything but booze in the cars, so we sat by the road and waited for Daryl. Abraham drank the booze. We all jumped when Daryl came out of the woods. He sat beside me, taking Faith from my tired arms. I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder and running my fingers through Luke's hair.

"Is this all that's left, mom?" Luke asked.

I swallowed thickly. "I don't know, baby. I don't know."

Suddenly there was rustling from the woods. A pack of dogs emerged. They started growling and barking at us. We pulled our knives out, ready to defend ourselves. I jumped when Sasha shot them all without hesitation.

We ate the dogs. They were people's pets once It was horrible, and barbaric, but we had to do it. We would've died.

~*~

Daryl disappeared into the woods some time later. Abraham said he went looking for water. I knew that was a lie. I tracked him through the woods and found him by an old barn. I didn't approach immediately, watching him from the edge of the woods. He lit a cigarette, taking a few puffs.