73

Daryl and Rosita went on a run with Denise. Only two of them came back alive. With a lot of meds, an injured Eugene and Abraham. Tara's still away....she doesn't know. Daryl said it was the guy from the burnt forest who took his bike. Half his face was burnt. He got drunk that night and I took care of him. Made him throw up, got him into bed.

The next morning, I wasn't shocked that his side of the bed was empty. I sighed as I got up. I showered and got dressed and checked on Faith and Luke before I left. When I saw Rick and Tobin rushing towards the gate, I followed them.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Rick turned to me. "Carol left, me and Morgan are gonna go find her. Lottie....Daryl left too. Not with her. He's-"

"He's going after Dwight, isn't he? That moron! I'm going after him."

Maggie rushed up and grabbed my shoulders. "Lottie, no, Rosita, Glenn, and Michonne already went after him. You don't need to. Stay here, help us get ready."

~*~

When Enid came running down the street, saying something about Maggie and the baby, I ran as fast as I could. I packed a bag, grabbed all my weapons, made sure Luke was okay to watch Faith, and I was out the door, helping load the RV for our trip to the Hilltop.

~*~

The ride to Hilltop had been going well. Maggie, not so much. I sat in the back of the RV with her. I dabbed the sweat from her brow with a damp washcloth. She was so pale. "Thank you for coming. I know you wanted to wait at home for Daryl."

I shook my head. "Don't worry. You need me more than he does right now, Mags."

Maggie smiled.

"What the bitch?"

I stood up and walked to the front with Rick. "What?" He asked.

"Enemy close." Abraham answered as we rolled to a stop.

I looked down the road. They had the road blocked with several cars and they were standing in front of them, fingers on the triggers. There was a man laying on the ground. I couldn't tell if he was one of ours. "We doing this?" Abraham asked.

"No."

Abraham put the RV in park and we all followed Rick outside, he put his hands up. "He's someone who was with a whole lot of someone's who didn't listen." The man who appeared to lead the group looked at the man on the ground.

"We can make a deal." Rick offered. "Right here, right now."

The man smiled. "That's right, we can. Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen."

Rick put his hands down. "Yeah...that deal's not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all of your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Any more of you."

One of the men started shaking a can of spray paint and walked up to the man on the ground, painting an X on his chest. "Sorry, my deal is the only deal. We don't negotiate."

Rick started nodding and waved his hand at us. We started back towards the RV. "Me and my people are leaving."

The savior waved a hand at us. "Okay, friend. Plenty of ways to get to where you're going."

Before Rick got back on the RV, he turned to look at them again. "You wanna make today your last day on earth?"

The savior looked up. "No, but that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it. What if it's the last day on earth for you? For someone you love? What if that's true? Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV, cause you never know..." He snapped his fingers. "Just like that. Be kind to each other. Like you said...like it was your last day on earth."