The Day Will Come When You Won't Be Season 7

Negan walked closer, I realized the bat was wrapped in barbed wire. My heart lurched in my chest. "Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close. It's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon." I felt someone touch my hand and I looked to my right. Sasha. I took her hand, holding tight. "Which one of you pricks is the leader?"

"It's this one. He's the guy."

Negan walked up to Rick and sighed. "Hi. You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is, but I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes." Negan smiled. It sent a shiver up my spine. "Yes, you are. You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. The new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So, even if you're stupid, which you very may well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here goes, pay attention."

Negan took the bat off his shoulder, pointing it at Rick. "Give me your shit...or I will kill you." He smiled and kept walking. It was sickening. "Today was career day. We invested a lot, so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me. That's your job. Now, I know that is a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will. You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But, the word is out. You are not safe. Not even close. In fact, you are pegged, more pegged if you don't do what I want. And what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much, you can make, find, or steal more, and it'll even out sooner or later."

I could feel my heart in my throat, watching Daryl helplessly, watching Rick shaking, his hair drenched in sweat. "This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. So, if someone knocks on your door...you let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us and we will knock it down. You understand?" When Rick didn't answer, Negan cupped his hand around his ear and leaned down. "What, no answer? You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, now, did you? I don't wanna kill you people. Just wanna make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden. But, you killed my people, a whole damn lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So now...I'm gonna beat the holy hell out of one of you." No, God, please no.

I felt my breathing quicken some as he swung the bat around. "This...this is Lucille. And she is awesome. All this, all this is just so we can pick out which one of you gets the honor." He looked at Abraham, who sat straight up, staring him in the eye. "Huh." Negan ran a hand over his chin. "Ugh, I gotta shave this shit." He kept walking, standing in front of Carl. "You got one of our guns." Carl cocked his head, much like his father does. Negan crouched in front of him, picking it up. "You got a lot of our guns." He smiled at at Carl. "Shit, kid, lighten up. At least cry a little." He chuckled when he got no reaction, and continued pacing in front of us.

He walked over to Maggie, grimacing. "Jesus. You look shitty. I should just put you out of your misery right now."

He raised his bat and Glenn launched forward. Dwight stopped him, hitting him a few times. I let out a quiet sob when Maggie told them to stop, her voice hoarse. "Nope. Nope, get him back in line."

Glenn yelled when he was dragged back to his spot. "Don't. Don't..."

Negan chuckled. "All right, listen. Don't any of you do that again. I will shut that shit down. No exceptions. First one's free. It's an emotional moment, I get it." He looked around again. "Sucks, don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit." He looked at Carl again, pointing at him with the bat. "This is your kid, right?" He laughed. "This is definitely your kid."