Chapter Three : Ember's Sister

My sister was supposed to be here by now. Great, it's just like her to be late on her first day here. Orientation was beginning. I kept looking at my watch and knew there was no real point. She's already late.

'Come on, Violet, hurry your ass up.'

'Sorry Ember I'm stuck in traffic.'

'You promised you'd leave early so that wouldn't happen'

'I know, but Brian wouldn't let me leave'

      Brian was our little brother and he does have a seperation issue. That's still no excuse for her to be late. Brian, is a twig and easy to move. Plus I'm positive, if she really wanted to leave on time, she would have asked Mom for help.

     My sister and I have always had a special bond in which we can communicate telepathically. We're fey or fae how ever you want to spell it.

   She was finally here, but orientation has already started. Great. She stumbled into the room and everyone turned to stare at her. Panting she dropped her bag and doubled over trying to get her breath back. She made a sorry jester and the Head Mistress began speaking again.

   "My students that have already been here get back to class. Those who remain will be asked to split up into two groups. Ember, Natasha, Brent, Chris, Mack, Georgia, Zara, and Logan please stay behind. You'll each get assigned a new student and it is your job to help them with what ever they need. No matter what."

   My sister embarrassing the hell out of me raised her hand and asked if she could be paired up with me.  I shrank in my seat and slapped my forehead. Why me?, I thought and looked around at my friends. I noticed that Logan keeps glancing at Symphony. Hmm, weird.

   The Head Mistress ignored my sister and separated them into two groups. Symphony, and two guys were sent to the left side of the room. The others were sent to the right side. I felt bad for Symphony and that Sapphire girl because A.) Symphony doesn't know what she is let alone what anyone else is and B.) Sapphire knows what everyone else is, but doesn't know where she belongs.

     My sister and I have always known what we are so I can't imagine what they're going through. It will be hard for them to accept at first I'm sure, but hopefully they'll come to accept it as the truth as they develop their powers.

     Head Mistress did pair my sister up with me and Logan for some reason got paired up with Symphony. Mack got Sapphire. Natasha got Bridget.  Brent was told to also be with Sapphire. Why? Zara got some vampire named Cole. and I hadn't heard the other two's names. Alwell they weren't people I would get along with anyways. One is goth. She wore all black and some dark red. Probably a vampire. The other was the complete opposite of the other girl. She was social and seemed more like she was a popular kid. She could be a witch or even a shifter. I just don't know.

   I watched Logan trail after Symphony. She didn't look too happy about him being her partner. I know the feeling, I thought as I looked at my sister. She smiled at me and I sighed. Great.

"So, what do we do now?" she asked with a sigh. She's such a dork. When I came here I hated it, she seems to be happy about it.

"Now, I come help you unpack your things," I mumbled and stood. "Come on sis." She stood and told me her dorm number. Oh good, she's a floor below me. I headed that way and she followed. "Try not to be so late again. You have a really bad habit of doing that," I said.

"I know Ember I'm so sorry I embarrassed you today, but Brian really wouldn't let me leave. He took my keys and made me chase him around. When I got to the door he grabbed my leg and wouldn't let me go. Mom had to pry him off of me. And then there was a huge accident and traffic was backed up. It really wasn't my fault this time. But I will try to get myself into a schedule. I'll try to be on time for things."

"I know that you will try, but you need to try a little harder than you have been." She nodded.

"I will, I promise Ember. I won't let you down." I nodded. I've heard this all before, but I hope she really means it this time. I went to her room and helped her unpack. I feel sorry for her, she has to share a room with, Rachel, the biggest slut in the school. She's also a bitch.

   When Rachel came in she scowled at us. My sister, not picking up on Rachel's distaste, stood and offered her her hand. Rachel just looked at it.

"Um. Hi I'm, Violet, your new roommate," Violet said dropping her hand. Rachel scoffed and spun around towards her own bed.

"You see a sign on the door that states not to be disturbed I suggest you find somewhere else to stay. You stay on your side of the room and don't even look at my stuff. I get the bathroom first in the morning. If you can't handle these things I suggest you find a new room and a different roommate. Got it?" That's my sister she is ordering around and being a bitcch to. I glared.

"Y - Yeah I got it," Violet seemed deflated. I stood and glared at Rachel more. She glanced over at me and scowled. I fisted my hands.

"What are you looking at freak? Why are you even in her to begin with?"

"Shut the fuck up Rachel. I tolerate you picking on me or my friends, but I will not sit back and let you push my family around. You mess with Violet you get your pretty little face smashed in," I growled. She glanced between me and Violet. She muttered 'What ev.' under her breath and walked out."She's a bitch Vi. if she gives you any more problems just fuck up her face. I'll gladly back u up." Vi. nodded and smiled at me.

"Thanks sis, for standing up to her for me."

"Ordering you and messing with you is my job sis. No one elses," I teased. She smiled and finished making her bed. "Look just watch yourself around Rachel okay. She's a Vampire so she has a hot temper. She has killed before and I'm almost positive that she'll do it again." My sister nodded and stared at her bed. "Oh Vi." I hugged her.

"My first day sucks, Em. I was late, I upset Brian and I made an enemy." She leaned into me and cried. I sighed. "Let's go get your schedule from the Head Mistress." She nodded and we left.

   As we walked through the school Violet kept looking around and saying that she'd never be able to get through these halls on her own. I told her she'll get used to it after a while. Till then yet another reason to not be able to get rid of her, augh, I thought as I led her to the other building and to the office.