Chapter Thirty - Four: End Of School Year

It's been months since we defeated Caleb. School was rounding towards the end and summer break was going to begin. Ember was heading home to her parents and my uncle said I could spend summer with them.

A week from finals I was struggling to catch up on what ever I had missed and still trying to study. 'Course it didn't help that Terence was distracting me a lot lately. He's been coming by my room and trying to distract me with touches and kisses but I always stopped him and said I had to study and concentrate. He always took it lightly but I saw how upset he was. We would probably not see each other over the summer unless I needed him, needed as in in terrible danger.

It finally came, finals week and I was mostly cought up. My first final was math, my worst subject. I studied all the way up till the bell and still had a hard time with the math final. Stupid Geometry. If it were algebra I would have been okay but geometry is foreign to me. I did my best on the test and after I was done I grabbed a book.When the bell rang I went to get something to eat and then headed to my next final. We had 5 today and two more tomorrow. mine were Math, History, Latin, Science, and PE (aka self defense). English and Power development were tomorrow.

I barely paid attention in latin though and will probably have to take it again or will have to chose a different language next year. Our school teaches a ton of different languages, even one that are long since considered a dead language. We have to due to the witches. I have to learn them to and will hopefully get Uncle to help with latin this summer.

I woke up the next morning and groaned. More tests, then I have to pack. When I got up I saw three things on my side table. A rose, a wrapped box and a note. I smiled and read the note.

My love,

I finished my tests yesterday because my parents want me home. I'll miss you. I wish we had gotten to spend more time together the last few weeks, but I'll see you in a few months. Maybe I can convince my parents to let me come see you some time this summer if only for a day.

I knew your birthday was this summer so hope you like the gift. Though roses are romantic I wish to give you a kiss goddbye. Meet me down at the dining hall during breakfast.

~ Your one and only.

Smiling, I set the note down, got dressed and ready, before practically running to the dining hall. He was waiting by the others and I threw myself into his arms. His mouth found mine instantly. Connor and a lot of others in the room whistled quite loudly and I pulled away a little.

"I don't want to leave you or you to leave me," I mumbled.

"I know you don't hon, but we have to. Only for a short while and I will call you every day, my love. Maybe even Skype you if I have to," he mumbled quietly and I nodded knowing that he is right.

"Okay. Bye, Terence. I'll miss you like hell," I mumbled.

"As will I, my love," he said before giving me another kiss, grabbing his bag and heading out.

I got some breakfast and sat down with a sigh. Connor bumped me with his shoulder playfully. I glared at him before starting to eat. The bell rang and practically everyone in the room groaned. I was actually excited for my last two finals. They were my favorite two classes.

We had a party in Development to celebrate our success in our skills. Just a small pizza party but it was fun. One of the seniors was throwing a party tonight but we were leaving asap. Uncle wanted to continue our training. Really, it's summer though.

Sapphire's mom actually said Uncle could take her this summer as long as she can visit. Sapphire seemed quite happy to come and I realized why. Brent lives near Uncle. She's lucky. Terence lives in Florida where as Uncle lives in Ohio. Augh.

We all were to meet up at the gate when we were ready. I was mostly ready but I took a second to open Terence's gift and I gasped at the necklace. Instantly I put it on and threw the trash out. The gold chain shown in the sunlight and the ring hanging from it was beautiful. It was sterling silver with a heart shaped moonstone in it, two small diamond like stones were on either side of the heart. I hid it in my shirt and headed to meet the others. I was slammed into the wall.

"My boss would like to thank you for getting Caleb out of his way. And he has a message for you Colliers. He will not fail like Caleb had. Run along beautiful and warn your family," he mumbled. He kissed my neck and bit it playfully. "I may ask him if I can have a little fun with you." He backed off and then disappeared.

I did not tell my family about my encounter just yet. This isn't over yet and I knew some how it wouldn't be.

-

-

-

-

-

-

A/N

Last chapter guys. My first finished book on here what did you think? I will go back and edit the rest of the chapters I haven't edited, of course, but this is the end of this book.

I will be writing a second one so don't freak out on me. Love you guys for reading. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Can't wait to start the second one.