Chapter Seven: Ember's Suspicion

He kept watching Symphony like a hawk. Either he really likes her or he knows something we don't. I have to find out what it is he knows, because I doubt he'd like her that much on his first day here.

   After school I saw Logan talking to Tate and I held back till he left. I then grabbed Tate and pulled him into an empty room. He stared at me as I held him against the wall.

"You're going to tell me what you know about Symphony," I hissed at him.

" I don't know what you are talking about," he mumbled." Let me go please."

   I shoved him harder into the wall and glared at him. I asked him again what he knows. He still wouldn't tell me and I got even more pissed off. I had no doubt my eyes were starting to glow blue. Blue symbolizing my connection with water.

" So you're fae then." he said."Please let me go. I don't want to hurt you."

"That a threat?" I asked. He nodded."What are you?"

   He physically picked me up and moved me, then walked away. I wasn't giving up that easily. Catching his arm I tried to stop him, but instead he pinned me to the wall.

So close.

So warm.

   He suddenly kissed me and pulled me closer. I didn't know this boy, but let the kissing go on. His hand began to wander but I stopped him.

"Sorry Ember," he mumbled and backed away.

"Tell me what exactly it is you know," I asked breathlessly.

   "We're all a part of something very big and very important. I don't know what it is, but Symphony is the one who can stop it from happening."

" She and Sapphire have the same bracelets and I have a suspicion they're the bracelets of the Collier witches."

"What ever they are I have to find Symphony and talk to her. Logan wasn't a part of what I've seen. His twin brother Luke was killed in my flashes of the future. I don't know about Logan or Lennox."

   That news surprised me and I was still pondering it when I followed him to Symphony's dorm. 'Stalker much?' I thought as he knocked on her door. She answered and instantly tried to close the door, but he put his hand on the door keeping it open. She looked afraid of him. Why?

"Symphony, he just wants to talk let us in," I said. She must have felt more comfortable with me here because she let us in. Sighing he sat next to her.

   He looked her in the eyes and I saw him swallow hard. "Why are you afraid of me Symphony? What did you see earlier?" My breath caught.

"I - I saw us to - together," she  said.

"Together as in what?" he asked nervously.

"I'm - I'm your mate, Tate. I don't want to be." She began to cry and I moved to her side. He clearly wasn't expecting that.

"My mate? I guess that explains my attraction to you, but my mate are you sure?" he asked. Symphony nodded and leaned on me. I tried to calm her down. Jersey came in and Tate looked up at her. I saw the single tear slip from his eye and he took off.

"Was that the guy you said you didn't want near you Symphony?" Jersey asked. Symphony nodded."He's pretty hot." Logan came into the room and instantly took Symphony from me.

   He had seen Tate leave and was worried about her. Then when she calmed down Logan took off instantly we all 3 went after him. Logan had already cought up to Tate and taken a swing. A shifter and a werewolf, this would not end well. They both shifted and I pulled Symphony away from them. She stayed quiet and stared at her feet. I knew that she didn't know what to say or do. Suddenly another student broke up the fight. She glared at the two idiots.

" What the hell Logan? I'd expect this from Luke not you," she growled.

"Stay out of this Magenta. It's none of your business," he growled right back.

   Tate was straightening back up and stared at Logan. Then he told Logan that Symphony was his mate and that she was crying because she didn't want to be. Tate told him the truth. Logan turned to Symphony and I saw the hurt in his eyes.

" Why? Why did you not tell me that? Don't you think that is something I should have known?" Logan mumbled.

   Symphony never once looked up from her feet. I put my hand on her arm. She was so afraid of losing Logan and didn't want to be Tate's. I told Logan just that and one arm hugged Symphony. Logan growled that she still should have told him as soon as she found out. She was crying now and I glared at Logan.

"You know, right now you're being a dick like you're brother," I said. He glared at me, then I saw the surprise in his eyes as he realized I am right. His shoulders hunched in defeat.

   He took Symphony from me and kept apologizing for upsetting her. Logan looked at Tate and asked if there was any way to stop them from being mates. Tate shook his head and said not without one of them dieing. I knew how he or she would have to die, by the other ones hand. Symphony wouldn't do that, no matter what. Tate took off. I watched Logan with Symphony and had to admit that I like Tate better. Logan had been a dick and I saw the distrust in his eyes. He knows that Tate and Symphony won't be able to stay apart for too long. They're mates there is nothing that can keep them apart. Not even themselves. She cares about Logan, but I know she is drawn to Tate in a way that is unbreakable.