Chapter Eight: Sapphire's Discovery

I couldn't figure out what I was and it's getting frustrating. My Aunt said I'm not like her so I'm back to square one. My two senior friends offered to help me dig into my family's history. I declined politely, this is something I want to do alone.

   Two weeks later and only three generations into my Dad's family history I was still at 0 progress. For some reason I couldn't get into my mom's file. Their had to be a file on my mom, right?

   I tried to find any record in my grandmother's file for my mom's birth certificate or a hospital bill from when she would've had mom. Nothing, not even a picture of mom when she was first born. That's quite odd.

   Brent came into my room as I was changing for the day. He paused and then sat on my bed. I tried to cover myself and glared at him, even though inside I was nervous as hell.

"There something you needed Brent?" I muttered.

"There is plenty of things that I could need from you, but right now I have to tell you something important. I know you said you wanted to find things out on your own, but Mack and I were digging into school records and found something."

   Forgetting I was hardly dressed I sat next to him and took the file he had. It was my mom's file. He then handed me another file. My aunt's? He pointed to their last names and my breath caught. They were different.

"My best guess is she was adopted Sapphire. Not only that, but her old last name suggests she was a witch. The Collier's were very powerful witches. Your bracelet further proves you're a Collier witch."

"Wait, how can that be? Symphony has the same .... Are Symphony and I related some how?"

"There will be five Collier witches in your generation. Each one of you connected to a certain element more than the other elements. My guess is Symphony is spirit. You ... I don't know what your connected to."

"So I'm a witch? Are you absolutely sure?"

"Positive."

   As my mind tried to wrap around this information he stared at me. I turned red as I remembered I was hardly dressed. He layed back pulling me with him. My breath caught as he kissed me deeply.

"I thought my dad was crazy when he said I'd fall in love with a Collier witch. Now I wish I would have listened to him more." He turned us over. " I love you Sapphire."

"Prove it," I mumbled softly and slid his shirt off.

   My roommate came in, ruining the moment, and he gave me a soft kiss on my forehead, then put his shirt back on and left.

"Totally sorry I interrupted. I would have left you two be if I knew."

"It's alright. I probably shouldn't have done that anyway." I mumbled and got up to finish getting ready. I can't get the kiss out of my mind though. Why did I let him close to me like that? Why did I encourage it?

   At lunch I sat with Symphony and found myself comparing myself to her. Brent sat next to me and Tate seemed unsure where to sit so he joined the werewolf table. Tonight was the full moon and I felt bad for him. He really cares about Symphony, but so does Logan. Symphony was still conflicted.  She was no doubt drawn to Tate, but clearly loves Logan. I'm sure she loves Tate too, but doesn't want to admit it. To herself, to Logan, or to Tate.

   Brent's arm slid around me and I smiled at him. Jersey smiled too. Mack joined us and we all talked for a while. When the bell rang I said bye to Brent and the others, then headed to class. I sighed. I like Brent, a lot. He's sweet. I'm just afraid to let him in and let him get close to me. It's probably best we stay friends.

Right?