Chapter Eighteen: Terence

I told her that even though Tate is her mate we are still bound. I can feel when she is hurt or in pain. The downside is I can also feel her pleasure. That pains me more than her physical pain because I know it's not me that makes her feel that good. I wish this wasn't so difficult. Why does she have a mate and me? Why am I bound to her so strongly and why do I like her so strongly? Will she ever let me close? Ever let me care for her?

  I dodged a hit. No matter how she feels towards me I will always be there to protect her. I know I can't beat this guy, but I can distract him long enough for one of them to deal with. It was Sapphire who came to help me. Symphony and Violet were dealing with another girl. I never liked to use my powers in front of others, but today I'll have to make an exception. She told me to go help Dennis and I ran full speed into his opponent. The distraction was enough for Dennis to get in a good hit. He met my gaze and nodded. I nodded back and launched myself into the air a good 100 ft. and dived knocking the guy into the ground.

   "Who the heck are you man?" Dennis asked clearly surprised at my power. I winced when I felt the blow Symphony received. Looking over I saw that Violet was unconscious and the guy had Symphony pinned to the ground. I burst into action instantly. When my fist connected with his chin I heard a satisfying crack. I just broke his jaw. No one puts a hand on her like that.

   Symphony kicked him off of her and I held out my hand. She looked at it then met my gaze. She took my hand. The power rushing through me and the contact made the warm touch feel so much more than it should.

   "You ... What are you doing here?" she asked but didn't seem angry. I wonder if she felt the sensations I did. Touching her that day in the class room had given me the same feeling. I had wanted to kiss her, but she had called for her mate some how. It took me a second to realize she asked a question.

   "Protecting you,  Symphony. I told you we were bound." I spun and slammed my foot into the guys chest. "Try not to get hurt anymore," I mumbled and went after my opponent. Symphony and another girl started fighting.

   I have to earn her trust before she can ever let me in. And she has to learn to fight better than that so she doesn't keep getting hurt.

I kept faught as much as was needed. I wouldn't waist my piwer if they could handle thing on their own.

                        Note: Sorry this chapter is so short.