Chapter Twenty - Four: Love, Sacrifice and Grief

. . . . . . Sappire's P.O.V. . . . . . .

Dad tought me a way to find where Symphony is. It required a ritual and meditation, but it could be done. As we set up he told me what I'd have to do. No one was allowed to be in the room with me. I light the candles, mix a few minerals and stare into a mirror. Easy right?

It wasn't easy at all. I did everything I was supposed to and just as I was about to give up I saw it. I saw everthing that they were doing to her and most importantly I saw exactly where she was. Once the images ended I passed out.

I woke up to Brent holding my hand and sitting next to my bed. I groaned and sat up. My head was pounding and I leand forward holding it. Brent's arms slid around me and he pulled me close.

"It's okay love. Do you want some aspirin?" I nodded and he left the room. Dad came in and nodded at me. I stood and he cought my arm. I told him where she was and he kissed my head. He handed me some food and water and Brent came back with the aspirin. Dad told Brent to stay with me and told him to make sure I eat. He left and Brent sat next to me. I turned into his shoulder and cried. His arms slid around me.

"The things they've done to her, and she doesn't even know it, Brent. We have to get her out of there." He shushed me.

. . . . . . Symphony's P.O.V. . . . . . .

He came back in and gave me a dress telling me to get dressed right now. I did but it was clearly not quick enough. He grabbed me and 'helped' me put it on then drug me out of the room. Once outside he threw me against a wall and pinned me.

"I need to know right now. Are you The Chosen One or not?" he asked. I kept telling him I don't know what he is talking about. He kept calling me a lier and shoving me into the wall.

"Let her go," I heard Terence's voice say. No, why did he choose now to show up? They'll kill him.

"Or I'll kill you where you stand," Tate said. I whimpered at his voice. No he can't be here. I can't lose him, either of them.

"You so much as even flinch boy and I will kill the girl. You too Rockland. Your job is to protect her right, so then I wouldn't do anything stupid." he turned to me again. "The fact you have a Rockland as your protector and lover proves that you are The Chosen One."

"He is not a lover. And I have no idea what you are talking about. What is The chosen One?" I asked. He laughed and yanked me from the wall kissing me hard and deep. He slightly put pressure on my neck as he forced me to kiss back. His hand added pressure when Terence went to take a step. Terence stopped and just fisted his hands at his side.

"Please, let her go. We won't ever come back if you just let her go," Tate said. The man holding me laughed harshly.

"You think she wants to leave after I've bedded her?" he asked. "Do you wish to leave me darling?" My head moved, involuntarily shaking no. My eyes glossed over and suddenly I was under his complete control. "Didn't think so lover." He shuved me hard against the wall and started touching me then he slept with me right in front of My mate and my friend. Tate, made a anguished noise and sank to his knees giving up. Terence screamed out a battle cry and charged at the man. The man dropped me and they began fighting. Tate slowly rose to his feet and came to my side. I pushed him away and created an elemental barrier. No one could touch me. Tate tried and ended up getting thrown.

It wasn't until Terence killed the guy that I got my body back. My barrier disapeared and he picked me up as I passed out.

. . . . . . Connor's P.O.V. . . . . . .