Chapter Twenty - Six: Weird Morning

. . . . . . Symphony's P.O.V. . . . . . .

A vampire cleared his throat and we both looked at him. He introduced himself as Francisco. Terrence was the first to offer his name and take Francisco's hand. I introduced myself and he practically bowed. I have to admit I was a little weirded out by that. Were a lot of people going to do that just at the sound of my last name? I don't think I could handle that.

I asked Terence if he'd walk me back to my room once Francisco walked away. He agreed to and we got up to leave when suddenly I felt a strong urge to let my wolf side run. I suppose it's because of the full moon, but why now and not earlier? Its like 1 a.m. You'd think I would have wanted to shift earlier around midnight and when I had been staring straight at it. I looked at Terence and he kissed my head.

"Let your wolf run. I'll be here with extra clothes for you when you get back. Don't be gone too long though okay?" I nodded and kissed his cheek before taking off.

..............................................................................

When I got back from my run I saw Terence on a bench near the woods sleeping, using the clothes as his pillow. I guess I wss gone longer than I thought. I slid the clothes from under his head, got dressed, then layed next to him. He woke up a little startled at first then sighed and slid his arm around me. Terence then buried his face into my neck and I felt a light kiss on my collar bone before he nuzzled my neck gently.

"God I love you, Symphony. You're mine, forever." I nodded pulled away then curled up against his muscular chest.

I woke up to the orange glow of the rising sun and woke Terence. We were going to miss classes if we didn't hurry. He asked if I'd skip with him and I was so so tempted to but said that it wasn't a good idea. Sighing he said I was right and we went our separate ways to our dorms.

In my rush to get ready I hardly noticed my roommate in her bed. Where the heck has she been? I touched her arm and her eyes blinked open. She looked so pale and weak and I asked her what happened. She sighed and told me she found out she has cancer. She said she didn't tell me because she didn't want me to try to help her in any way. I asked her why she wouldn't even let me try. She waved me off and told me to head to class.

"Jersey, how long do you have left?" I asked quietly. She's like my best friend and I don't want to lose her. I can't stand by and let the world lose such a wonderful person. Haven't the gods taken enough from me recently?

I was thrown off by her answer. She only has that long? How bad is her cancer and why hasn't she noticed long before now? She rested her hand over mine and sighed.

"You are a great friend and a wonderful person. I'm glad I got to meet you yah know. You're a very strong person yet your caring and protective. Sometimes even a bit emotional. I love you for just being you."

"Don't be saying your goodbyes yet, we have three weeks together," I mumbled and hugged her as tears finally began to spill out of my eyes. She hugged me back gently. I asked if she was coming back to school today and she shook her head. I sighed and said I'll see her later then. She nodded and pushed me towards the door telling me to go before I'm late. I took off.