Chapter Sixteen: Sapphire's Mate

I love Symphony and all, but she's slow and so fragile. I see why Spirit would choose her. Spirit is strong in its own way. I just hope she is strong enough when we need her to be. I can't wait to see how she does in our fighting lessons. Which, are tomorrow. Connor's Dad and I are evenly matched so I don't know if he will pair me up with someone else or not.

......................................................................................

   He paired me up with Connor. Fire and Air. Curious though, Connor and I watched him walk over to Symphony. He told her how to stand and she said she knows. That surprised me a little. He shrugged and they began. She was good and that surprised me more. Where did she learn to fight like that?

   Just as I was turning I saw like a golden orb come from Symphony's fist as she punched. He fell on his ass. Whoe, what was that? He just chuckled.

   "Symphony you're not supposed to use your powers. It's supposed to be hand - to - hand," he said then groaned a little. "Nice hit though."

   "Sorry. I didn't mean to. Are you okay?" She held out her hand to him and he took it. She pulled him to his feet and he ruffled her hair. She turned bright red and I smiled a little. Connor punched my arm playfully and I glanced at him.

   "Careful, Sapphire, you're starting to smile. Don't want you going soft on me now," he teased. I rolled my eyes at his dumb remark. I'll show him that I ain't going soft.

   After telling him to shut up I punched him. He swore and we started training. Dennis and Violet were pretty good too. We were given no breaks so when we were done we were all exhausted. We ate dinner and went to our rooms.

   I envy Violet and Symphony for finding their mates. I want a bond like that. I want someone who cares about me like they do. Hell, I guess that's all I ever wanted.

   My parents aren't as bad as Symphony's dad or like Connor's dad, but they were never there growing up. It was babysitter after babysitter. Then when mom died, dad became even more distant. Coming to this school is the best opportunity I had and it's brought me so much closer to a real family. To my family.

   I got up earlier so I could go talk to my aunt. Knocking on her office door I opened it. I screamed and my legs gave out. No, not her. A teacher came running up the stairs and when he saw her he gasped. He picked me up and told the other teacher who was starting up the stairs to call the police. The school went on instant lock down. No one was to leave the dorms.

   "Is - Is there a note on her body?" I asked and made the teacher put me, down. He shrugged. "It's important that I know. If there is I need to read it." I said grimly. He nodded and told me to go to my room and he'll find out if there is a note or not. I nodded and went back towards my room.

   He appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me. I tried to hit him but he had a tight hold on my arms. He chuckled and growled that I should stop struggling and relax. I gave up struggling and he let go slowly. Who is this guy?

  "You don't have to worry, I'm a friend." I turned around and stared at him.

   "Who are you? You know the school is on lock down right?" I asked a bit nervously, maybe almost a little scared.

   "In that case we shouldn't be cought here. Where is your room?" he asked hurriedly. Do I trust him or not? Should I run or tell him the wrong room perposely?

   "I um..." He told me to relax and suddenly we were in my room. How'd he do that?

   My roommate squealed and covered her naked body. I giggled when the boy turned red and spun around.

   "I'm so sorry, Michelle," I said. He stayed turned and she got dressed quickly. I told him he could turn around and he apologized to Michelle too. She said that it's fine now, just as long as he doesn't just pop in like that again. He agreed not to and she left us be.

   "Okay start talking. Who are you and what do you want?" I asked. I was seriously getting annoyed at the lack of knowledge and explanation.

   "I'm Damian. I just want to talk," he mumbled. 'why me? And why now?'

  "About what?" I hissed. 'Was I in vampire mode? I don't know.'

   He started with the fact he isn't a student here. Then said that he wouldn't hurt me. I stared at him. The fact he said he won't hurt me worries me more.

   "Then why are you here?" I asked needing an answer. 'This guy wouldn't just be here for a social visit. Who sent him and why is he here?'

   "I needed to see you and to warn you that they'll kill everyone that you love. Listen to me carefully your guys' mates, they're going to go after them and make you suffer more. I know all of this because they threatened me if I didn't tell you that you have 24 hours to meet them at Woodrow Park or they will start killing. Starting with me."

   "Why you, none of us know you?" I said, but I was beginning to understand.

   "This is why." He kissed me and pulled me closer. I felt the instant connection. He's my mate?! Well shit. I found myself pulling him closer. He kissed me deeper and layed me back onto my bed.

   I woke up in his arms and smiled a little. My mate. The only problem is that now we only have 20 hours left. Shit. I got up and got dressed, then I went to find the others. They had to know what was going on. I won't lose my mate before I've gotten to know him and I wouldn't sit back and watch the others lose theirs.

   I ran as fast as I could and called the others to meet me at the old auditorium, it was an emergency.  When I got there I sat and waited for them to arrive.

   As soon as everyone was there I asked what took them so long. They said they had troubles getting out of the dorms. Fuck, I forget we were still on lock down. After apologizing I started telling them what was going on.

   They were all suspicious of my mate and didn't trust him, but they trusted me and that's what matters. It was time to fight and we had to win for more than just our sakes. But for everyone we know and love.

   I have a mate now, but that doesn't mean anything if we fail.