Chapter Twenty - Nine: Facing Fears

. . . . . . Symphony's P.O.V. . . . . . .

I began talking to my family and our friends. Terence and Tate are still not talking but Tate is at least sitting with us still. I loved Tate, I really did but now with Terence I feel complete and it feels right. With Tate I felt as if something was missing. I felt like we didn't care for each other as much as we should have. I mean I was getting raped in front of him and he just sat there. Who does that?!

I don't let on to anyone that that had really bothered me. He sat there and watched me get hurt. He watched and didn't do a thing. I know he's sorry for it but I don't know if sorry will ever cut the pain that every bit of that caused. His unwillingness to protect me cut me deep and the pain from the rape was still in my mind.

I haven't told anyone about the tattoos yet and I don't want to. They healed perfectly fine and I keep them hidden. I'm wondering if Terence knows but just respects my choice. I find it hard that he wouldn't know but in case he doesn't I've been afraid to bring it up.

Terence was being quiet and I slid my hand into his. Smiling he turned to me and kissed my head. I know that earlier made him second guessing himself. I know that he regrets not being able to bite me back. I know he thinks I want that and a part of me does. What Rodger did earlier felt awesome, but Terence's every touch feels like electricity. Even now just holding his hand feels amazing and right. I leaned on him and the others all smiled at us. Tate just sighed and continued to eat.

Wanting to say something to him I opened my mouth but then closed it again, what could I possibly say to make this right? Nothing would. Terence squeezed my hand reassuringly. That's when my emotions took over and I began to cry. Terence grunted and pulled me to him gently.

Everyone looked at me apologetically. They only knew half of why I was crying. Terrence knew all of it. As he tried to comfort me I felt him slide my shirt up a little to expose part of the tattoo. The others gasped, even Tate. I silently begged Terence to stop but he told the others to follow him.

We went to the old auditorium and he set me on the old stage. Without warning he slid my shirt off and I shivered from the cold. Wimpering I leaned against him and he sighed.

"I'm sorry my love. They had to see what they did," he murmured. "Guys, in captivity they did more to her than you understand," he said. He gently slid my jeans off and rested his fotehead against mine when I whimpered in protest again. "They gave her this tattoo for some reason. Mr. Collier, do you know why?" he asked Uncle. My uncle looked puzzled and as he came over he started to touch the tatoo and I flinched away. I don't trust men to touch me like that, well not the men in my family anyway. Terence had me look at him. "It's okay love. I wouldn't allow it if I didn't trust him." My Uncle touched me again and my grip on Terence tightened. He held me still and I closed my eyes. The memories of my father were painful.

"Sorry honey, I know that this is hard for you. Thank you for trying," my uncle said. "I can't tell what it is, I think it's some kind of symbol but it'd be easier to have pictures so that I can line them up flat."

"I'm not taking pictures of her body sir. That is entirely intrusive and completely wrong," Terence said. My uncle asked if he could draw out the design for him then. Terence paused and I nodded. I'd be comfortable with that. "You sure Symphony? You don't have to say yes if you don't want to," he mumbled and I mumbled that I wanted to know. He nodded and told my uncle that it will obviously take some time.

I got up and got redressed, but I'm still freezing cold. Terence noticed and rested his hand against my forehead. His breath caught and he pulled me close. I whimpered as his warmth engulfed me. It felt good. I buried my face into his jacket and he picked me up saying that he was going to get me to the dorms. My Uncle dismissed us and he took me to his room again. I liked staying with him.

I learned that the only exception to the rule of the no girls in the guys dorms and the no guys in the girls dorms thing is mates. It didn't aply to mates. We could come and go as we please. I find it odd that they encourage teenagers to mate with each other.

My mate and I would take things slowly though. He understands that I need time. And I understand that he would wait for me no matter what. I kissed him lightly and I asked if I could borrow sweat pants to sleep in tonight. He agreed to get me a pair. I watched him rummage through his drawers and I had to admit, he's hotter than Tate.

All of this other stuff has made me forget why I had been upset in the first place. My friend is going to die. I got up and Terence grabbed me. I sighed and said that I had to see her. He nodded and I told him I'll be okay on my own.

I have to do this. I have to face my roommate and accept her choices.