Chapter Fourteen: Training (Violet)

We decided that we needed to prepare ourselves for whatever or whoever we'll have to face. To do that we have to learn to channel every part of us. Not wanting to call our father to help us, we contacted (by we I mean Dennis.) their dad. I was worried that he wouldn't help us if he knew about Sapphire. So we didn't tell him.

   When he came to the school I was surprised - he was musculaar and about 6 fteet tall, he had dark eyes and dark hair - but now I see why Connor is the way he is. I have never seen Dennis so quiet and ridged. He stood to his full hight and had his hands clasped behind his back. His Dad looked at all five of us and nodded.

   "Alright lets begin. I want you two to stand to the side. I have to start with something you two already know." Both Dennis and Connor moved to the side. "You, state your element." He pointed to Symphony.

   "Spirit," she said with confidence. He motioned her to stand to the side with the boys. She did, but watched him curiously.

   "Which of you is fire?" Sapphire took a step forward. Confident.

   "I am, sir,"she said and he nodded, suddenly throwing a fire ball at her. She dodged quickly and smiled. Of course Sapphire would love this. Rolling my eyes I joined the others. We watched.

   "He wouldn't be going easy on her if he knew who she was," Connor mumbled. Dennis agreed with him. Symphony was watching them closely.

   "You sure she isn't his kid?" she asked them. They cocked their heads.

   "Maybe," they both said simultaneously after a moment.

   Tate came over and took Symphony from Connor. I noticed Connor seems to always be near Symphony and I was wondering why. Clearly Tate has also noticed too.

   "Tate may I talk to you for a moment?" Connor asked.  They walked away and I saw them stop and start talking. Symphony watched them clearly expecting it not to end well.

   She was right it wasn't ending well. We ran over to them and I rested my hand on Connor's arm. Tate took Symphony's hand and sighed. They were soul mates. A simple touch from each other can calm them down.

   "Look I'm not asking for you to let me have her, but if my dad sees you two together he'll flip shit, " Connor said.

   "All I'm saying is that it's up to Symphony," Tate said quietly.

   Symphony looked back and forth between them and they sighed. I'm so confused. What is going on here?

   "How about I don't hang around either of you while you're dad is here." she offered. They both nodded. Tate took off. Looking back at the fight against Sapphire and my uncle and I smiled. I still wanna know what was going on with Symphony, but it could wait for now.

   "Holy shit is dad sweating, bro?" Connor asked changing the subject gratefully. Dennis nodded. That's when I saw Sapphire land a kick to his chest. He did in fact appear to be sweating. Hmm...

   "Who is teaching who? My mother tought me how to fight. Only I just now remembered that," Sapphire said to him. I held back a giggle.

   "I only know one person who could have possibly shown you that much fighting skill," he said. "You're Megan's daughter," he said with some surprise in his voice.

   "Yes sir, I am," Sappire said proudly.  She wasn't afraid of him at all. I admit he scares me a little though. Connor and Dennis both tensed in fear and anticipation.

   Uncle, surprised us all when he hugged her. Even Sapphire didn't know what to do. Symphony sighed and I saw a tear slip from her eye. It occurred to me that Symphony probably has never had parents who truly cared about her. I hugged my sister and sighed.

   "It's okay , Sis. I love you." She smiled and started to tickle me. I squealed, making Sapphire and our uncle look at us. He smiled and nodded at Connor. That's when I noticed Connor grab Symphony and he started tickling her. Her sqeal was so cute that I had to laugh.

   When he stopped she hit him, but was laughing so hard she nearly fell over. He held her up.

  "Okay fun time is over, time to get back to work," Uncle said and paired us off. Connor and Symphony, Dennis and me, and Sapphire and him. This is the real training.  We were to focus on one creature and pull that creature from within us. I tried locating my shifter side.

   He said once we learn how to locate each part of us then we can learn each side's powers individually. Me being the youngest out of the five of us it was more difficult for me. Dennis grabbed my wrist and made me look up at him.

   "You're trying too hard. Here, close your eyes and clear your mind. Don't think of anything or anyone, but yourself. Once your mind is cleared try to relax your body." I tried to clear my head, but one word kept reappearing. Mate. My eyes opened. He can't be he's my cousin. So then who?

   I glanced over my shoulder and saw Luke standing there. Dennis sighed. He let go of my wrist.

   "Go but hurry up," Dennis said. I went over to Luke and he pulled me into a kiss. Mate.

   "Luke, I have to get back," I mumbled sadly. He pulled me closer.

   "Close your eyes. Let me help." I nodded and did as he said. "Give a name to each part of you." Viola, vampire. Vanessa, werewolf. Victoria, witch. Vega, shifter. Valley, fae. Velvet, mermaid. Valentine, angel.

   "Now give me a name that you want to connect to." I did. "Vega," he whispered softly. I instantly felt the connection. "Your eyes changed so I guess that worked." I nodded and kissed him softly. "You try calling the next one on your own, in your head." I did, Valley. I met Luke's gaze."It worked." I knew that. I felt the change within me.

  "Thanks Luke," I mumbled and kissed him. He nodded and kissed me back.

   "You're welcome, my mate." I smiled at his words and went back to Dennis. I had found my mate, learned something new and I was happy about all of it.

   Dennis stared at me and glanced back at Luke. He aloud me to leave. I smiled and I cought up with Luke. Luke slid his arm around me and kissed my head. I really like him.

   We went to his room and ended up watching movies nearly all night. It was nice and he didn't push for anything.