Chapter Thirteen: Revealed (Symphony)

I stared after Sapphire and checked on Connor at the same time. He was stunned and was completely speechless. Dennis's mouth was slightly agape. They have no idea what that was for. But Violet and I do. Man that was harsh on both their parts.

   "Hate to say it, Connor, but you have no idea how much you deserved that," I said. Violet nodded and remained quiet. "That's not all the history you know. Each generation of Colliers have only 5 offspring that receive the Collier gifts. One for each element.

   These 5 each have a stronger connection to a certain element more than the other elements. Usually their personalities match their element. You're strong and unpredictable so I'd guess that you're Air. Dennis your strong and stable so I guess you'd be Earth."

   "That can't be true. Only two of us got the Collier gifts," Connor said. He looked like he was really thinking hard about it. Idiot.

   "Perhaps or perhaps there are other Collier witches you weren't told about," I mumbled.

   Dennis studied me, then smiled. I winked at him and turned away. Violet and I helped them get caught up then left to our rooms. Dennis cought me by the arm and sighed.

   "Why do you guys not want people to know?" he asked. I decided I could tell him, just not Connor.

   "We want people to like us for who we are not feel like they have to like us because they're scared of the Collier name. You're mom left because he was abusing her. She met Sapphire's dad years after she ran. Both of her parents are dead now and she was adopted." He winsed and looked sympathetic.

   "My brother did deserve to be punched then. Will you take me to Sapphire. I'd like to talk to her. And don't worry, I won't tell my brother who you guys are." I nodded and tapping into Sapphire's soul link I led Dennis to her. She glared at him. He ignored her glare.

   Sitting next to her he slid his arm around her shoulders. I left them be to talk and went to my room. Changing for bed I undressed and slid on my sweat pants and a tank top.

   "Now I know why you knew so much about the Colliers cousin,"Connor said. I spun around. Shit. How'd he get in here?

   "Tate!" I called out to him with my mind. Where is Jersey anyway? I haven't seen her in a while. Geese my mind is all over the place. Gah.

   "What do you want Connor?" I asked clearing my thoughts. This is bad, really bad.

   "You're my cousin. It's family tradition to ... well you know the history." He actually looked nervous. I felt bad for him, but I was not letting him touch me. Not going to happen, ever.

   "My mate is coming, you better leave. And I'm not your cousin," I said. Maybe he's just guessing.

   He grabbed my wrist and played with my bracelet. I yanked my hand away and avoided his gaze. He knew, he wasn't guessing. Tate knocked on the door. Thank God.

   "Symphony, you okay? The door is locked," Tate said from the other side. Connor stepped away from me.

   "Yeah Tate, I'm fine," I said and opened the door for him. I turned back to see Connor gone. "Stay with me tonight, Tate?" He nodded and we layed down on my bed. In the morning Tate was gone and I got up and went to take a shower.

   Connor slid his arms around me and I knew he wouldn't give up. He kissed my shoulder and turned me around. No. No no no no no. This can't be happening to me again.

   "Connor don't. I have a mate and he'll know," I said trying to find an excuse that he would listen to. No such luck.

   "I don't want to hurt you. Your mate can't do this." He kissed me deeply and pulled me closer. I felt him take what he wanted. Every guy I know takes what they want and don't care how I feel. I just give up trying.

   When he left I curled up on my bed and cried. Tate came in and pulled me into his lap. He was the only man I ever wanted to touch me. I hate Connor.

   After that incident Tate made sure I was never alone. Everyone knew Sapphire, Violet, and I were Colliers now. Knowing we would never hurt them they weren't as scared of us as they were of Connor and Dennis. At our after school meetings I stayed quiet and Tate stayed close to me. I never told Sapphire, Violet, or Dennis what Connor had done to me. I was used to men taking what they want from me and not caring how I feel about it.

   Connor avoided my gaze and I knew he knows he did something wrong. After our meeting Connor asked if we could talk alone for a moment. Tate told him to get lost and I stopped Tate.

   "You can stay in the room too, Tate. I just wanted to talk to Symphony." Tate took my hand and looked at me curiously. I nodded for Connor to speak once the others left."I'm sorry, Symphony. I wasn't thinking straight and I wanted you to know ... I just think we should start over," Connor said.

   "I want to accept your apology, Connor, but I can't forget what you did nor can I forgive you for it. Forgiveness is earned," I said honestly.

   "Then give me a chance to win your forgiveness. To earn your trust," he begged. I met his gaze and nodded. I made him promise to never touch me or Violet from now on. He took the oath and promised never to touch me or Violet. Silence rang between us.

    Just then we heard screams and we ran to find out what was going on. The guy was hanging from the tree upside down and a note was attached to the body by a wooden stake. Was this guy a vampire then? I pulled the note off before the blood could run over it and make the note unreadable. Opening it I gasped as i read the words. 'No.' I thought.

   This is you're warning, Colliers, you're next.

                                                                - C.F.R.

   I froze and looked at my family. They all knew instantly this was about us just looking at my face. There was no need to explain. Dennis came over and took the note from me and motioned the others over. After they read it Violet hugged me and Connor rubbed my back gently. Connor rubbing my back made me want to throw up, but we had more important things to worry about. This guy died for no reason and because of us. 'Who is C.F.R.? What does who ever it is want with the Colliers?' I started to wonder.

   The Head Mistress told everyone to go to their dorms and wait for further announcement. We went to leave, but she stopped us. Signaled out again.

   "Colliers stay." Dennis, Violet, Sapphire, Connor, and I stayed while the other kids left. "Let me see the note, Symphony." I handed it to her shakily . I'm scared and Connor knew it. His arms slid around me and he held me tight. 'Why does he keep doing this, so soon after hurting me?'

   "It's okay, Symphony. I won't let whoever this is hurt you or our family," he mumbled. I nodded and let him hold me. The others watched us silently. Dennis rested his hand on my back.

   "It'll be okay, Symphony," he mumbled. Dennis, I trusted and I knew we'd be okay. At least for now.

   'Will it really be okay?' I thought. 'I doubt it. We're Colliers, people will want us dead. But why did they not kill off Dad and Uncle? What is it about us that warents so much hate and hostility?' Tate, picking up on my thoughts, kissed my cheek.

You aren't alone my love not everyone hates us. Just this creep C.F.R., he said to my mind. He looked over at the Head Mistress and asked if she knows who C.F.R. is. She nodded.

   "C.F.R. is Caleb Franklin Roman. The Roman family has been an enemy to the Colliers for centries. I'm amazed you haven't learned that yet."

   "Our Dad mentioned it a few times, but we were not aloud to say that name so we kinda forgot about it years ago," Dennis said.

   All I know is that we need to be ready for Caleb and his family, but we can't do it on our own. We're going to need some help and training. We need Uncle or Father or even both of them. I'd prefer Uncle more than father, but if we absolutely needed Father then we needed him. I'd put my feelings asside.

   Note: Sorry for the short chapters. Please leave feedback.