Chapter Nineteen: Love is Stronger Than Hate (Sapphire)

I fought as hard as I could but they wouldn't go down, three against one is so unfair. I was beginning to get tired and weaker, but I couldn't give in I have to keep fighting.

   Fighting for my friends.

   For my family.

   And for my mate.

   I will not go down for their sakes. Closing my eyes I drew in every power I have and let it build up inside me. Opening my eyes I told the others to get down. They instantly hit the ground and I released my power. Fire erupted from my body and it shot outwards disintegrating everything in its path. Violet protected everyone with water shields. When my attack ended I fell to the ground. That took the rest of my energy I can't even lift myself up.

   Symphony was at my side instantly. Three of them were left. Everyone formed a circle around me. We will always fight for our own. I managed to get up and I saw surprise in their leader's eyes.

   "Don't you know when to give up? You can barely stand," he mumbled.

   "N - Never," I mumbled back. "As long as I'm breathing. I will always protect. My family," I gasped out."Always fight for. My friends."

   "You are very determined child I respect that but you are a Collier and that I do not respect." A big ball of light went flying at him and he screamed. Symphony swayed on her feet and I rested my hand on her shoulder. I'm not the only one who will fight till the end.

   We will protect each other till we can't anymore. We are Colliers, we don't give up so easily. She smiled at me and I nodded. I watched him get back up.

   "You think you will save anyone but yourself? You're too late. I have people at your school right now. They should start attacking soon. Say good bye to your friends." He started laughing and that pissed me off royally. The others joined us and instinctively we all joined hands. Forming a circle with five points.

   Closing my eyes I let my power and strength build up. I felt the others do the same. When we built up enough strength we sent our powers outward and instantly obliterated our opponents. It only took out our enemy and nothing else. Weird. There is no time to ponder it we had to get back to the school. We have to protect everyone, or at least try to.

   I looked at Brent and he nodded. I then looked at each of my family members. They all nodded too and took off. Just as I was about to follow I heard my name. Turning around I saw Damian leaning on a tree. He was bleeding violently and I ran over to him.

   "All I wanted was to protect you, Sapphire. I betrayed my family to do so. Now it seems that I will pay for my traitorous actions. It was all worth the sacrifice. I love you Sapphire and I'll never regret choosing you." He kissed me. What the hell is he talking about? I added more pressure to his wound and felt tears cascade down from my eyes. He winced and slid his other hand over mine. "Let me go Sapphire."

   "I don't understand what you're saying, Damian. I will not let you die," I said gently with more tears spilling down my face.

   "These people that are killing your friends, are my family, Sapphire. I was supposed to pretend to be your mate. I never realized we were actually mates. When I did I refused to hurt you or anyone else. They didn't like that. I fought for you. I helped you," he said through ragged breaths. They're ... His family?

   "Please don't go. Don't leave me, Damian. I love you too." I kissed him. "I don't care where you come from. You're my mate and I don't want to lose you. Please let me help you," I said desperately.

   "No my love. I'm not afraid of death. I'm ready to die. For you I give my life. Let Brent close to you, Sapphire. You'll need him and he'll need you." He pulled my hand from his wound and removed his hand as well. He slid down the tree and I kneeled next to him"Go. Your family will need your help. I don't want you to watch me die, it's bad enough you'll feel it."

  "I'm not letting you die alone," I mumbled. I will stay at his side until I no longer need to. "Good bye, Damian. I love you." I kissed him and with his last bit of air and strength he pulled me to him kissing me deeply. He died like that and that gives me comfort. Kissing his forehead I stood then gave him a warrior's funeral. The pain I felt from his death was terrible and I knew I couldn't let that happen to my cousins. He was a good man and now I know what the Roman family is capable of.

   He didn't die alone and I wasn't going to just leave him there so I gave him a small funeral and then took off back to the school. They need me if we're going to win this battle, and we are going to win this even if it's the last thing I do.