[03] House of Blackbird

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Camilla was up earlier than she normally would be, yawning loudly as she walked into the kitchen to grab her and Nina apples or something for breakfast. The American girl had awoken her earlier, pulling her from their room and into the bathroom to tell her about the mirror incident that happened with Patricia the night before. Camilla agreed that maybe skipping breakfast with the whole house would be a good idea for both of them, so they both got dressed quickly and quietly, Nina grabbing a few more things for her first day while Camilla decided the best thing she should do would be to grab something for their breakfast. Just as she walked out the dining room into the hallway when Nina came down the stairs with a slight hop in her step, "Where exactly were you last night?" she asked as Camilla handed her a green apple,

"I was watching a film with Jerome."

"Jerome..." Nina said in such a way as if to suggest something, causing Camilla to shudder.

"ew, never." She said, causing Nina to laugh and loop her arm through Camilla's

"Why not? Jerome's cute, in his way, I guess." She told Camilla laughing at the face the girl made, "or do you have someone else in mind."

"How about this," Camilla told her new friend with a smile, not rising to the bait, "I'll tell you who I like when you tell me who you like."

Nina gave the small brunette a look but gave up the conversation of crushes for now. The two girls turned the corner and kept walking until suddenly, an old woman stood up from a bench and blocked their path. "Oh!" Nina said in shock, causing both of them to stop walking, "sorry, are you okay?" she asked, taking the woman's arms and guiding her back down to the bench. Camilla sat down on the opposite side of her trying to figure out how she got onto the school's grounds.

"That's my house." The woman told the two girls, pointing to the back of Anubis house.

"I don't think so," Camilla said, trying to sound polite, "it's part of a school."

"No!" the woman insisted, causing Camilla to shoot Nina a look, "that's my house!"

"Okay, it's your house..." Nina replied, looking back at the older woman.

"It kinda suits you," Camilla muttered, causing her new friend to shoot her a look which she shrugged off.

"Maybe you could tell us where you live, and we could take you back." Nina continued talking, ignoring Camilla's not so helpful commentary.

Camilla bit her lip to stop herself from saying anything else as Nina stripped off her blazer and placed it around the woman, muttering something about her being cold. This girl had a good heart, and she could see her and Fabian making a very annoying but sweet couple.

"You're together, finally", The woman spoke, getting Camilla's attention instantly. What did she mean, together finally? Camilla didn't even know Nina existed until yesterday. "I knew she would join you." The woman told Camilla, who felt confused and taking a look at Nina, it seemed she was confused also.

"I'm sorry, I don't under-", Nina started, but the woman interrupted her.

"Sarah, my name is Sarah." She told them both, gripping their hands tightly

"Okay, Sarah", Camilla spoke softly, but a little like you would if you were talking to a child, "Why don't you come inside for a cup of tea?" she asked, knowing if they got the woman inside then, Trudy or Victor would know what to do to help.

"I can't go in there! He's waiting. He's always waiting." Sarah told her with a shake of her head, and Camilla looked at Nina as if to say, 'it's your turn to try something.'