[59] House of Never

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Amber was not happy when Nina, Fabian and Patricia pulled her, Alfie, Camilla and Jerome away from their prom early. She didn't care if Joy was deviating from the plan. Amber had a prom to enjoy and by god, she wanted to enjoy it.

Camilla looked to Alfie and Jerome with an amused smirk as she followed on behind Amber and her rant, the girl following the Sibuna's but making sure they knew she wasn't happy about it.

"Why does the chosen hour have to be on the same day as our prom!" Amber huffed, "the universe is so selfish sometimes."

"Amber we need to meet up with Joy, it's important!" Nina reminded her as Fabian looked back at his sister for some help to only see her, Jerome and Alfie laughing at Amber's words.

Nina opened the door to the history classroom with a creek walking in for the rest of them to follow on behind her.

Inside Jason was stood, fixing his suit cuffs. The man turned around as the rest of them wandered into the classroom.

"Hey, guys!" He greeted them all cheerfully, "why are you not at the dance?"

"Why aren't you?" Patricia instantly argued back clearly on the defence, adjusting the rucksack like bag she had with her.

"I am waiting for my date," Jason nervously told them, "with Ms Robinson." Jason coughed as if he was surprised, he admitted that to his students, before he turned his attention back to the group, "Patricia," he started as his eyes found her weird choice of bag for a prom, "what's in the bag? I hope you're not trying to smuggle contraband into the prom."

"No!" Patricia muttered before glancing about the girls, "its just girly stuff, that girls use..." she lamely tried to explain away.

"Patricia, Nina and I," Camilla added from behind her, trying to save her friend, "thought one bag to share between us that we could put into a locker would be better than worrying about a clutch all night."

"Yeah!" Nina agreed instantly with Camilla, "what Camilla said..."

"Okay..." Jason spoke looking between them all, "then you won't mind if I take a look?" he asked, reaching to take the bag off Patricia, who moved to look like she was going to fight him but let him take the backpack.

Fabian glanced to Camilla as the twins crossed their fingers, the main point in their plan was the fact they were using the twin's identical rucksacks from when they were in the field with their family each holiday. So as long as Jason didn't realise Patricia was carrying a bag around with the name 'F-J Rutter' on it they'd be fine.

Jason took the bag to the table and opened it too reveal a lot of make-up, 3 jumpers, 4 pairs of flat shoes (Camilla having packed a pair for Amber), and just to top it off a load of tampons.

Before anyone could say anything, the classroom door slammed shut behind them all, causing them all to turn around to see Rufus Zeno standing by the door. Camilla was glad she was near the back when the entered the classroom, and instantly she pushed Alfie and Patricia behind her so she was the led of the group of Sibuna's.

Rufus sent her a smirk watching her push the other's behind her, as he held up an hourglass full of angry buzzing creatures. "Red Sutekh Sandflies," he answered her questioning look, "very rare, quite viscous, and certainly deadly."

"What do you want?" Camilla hissed at the man.

"I want everyone to do as I say or I break this glass." He warned them all, he nodded his head to Fabian, "You, get the blinds. The rest of you get over there."