[40] House of Time

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The houses shaking was scary, but what was worse was the deadly silence that fell once it was over. It was quickly agreed that the Sibuna meeting was over for the night as everyone was way too spooked to do much else.

It was Trudy that brought up the weirdness at breakfast the next day, so any hopes Camilla had of it all being some awful nightmare of her's where thrown out a window. "Did you feel that little earthquake we had last night?" the house mother as everyone as she poured out the orange juice to those she knew had it.

"That was no earthquake," Alfie informed their house mother, "it was defiantly an alien mothership taking off." This caused an amused smile from Trudy as she walked back into the kitchen, "Patricia believes me!" Alfie exclaimed as he looked around at the sleepy amused faces of his housemates, clearly, none of them believing him, "tell them, Trisha," Alfie turned to look at Patricia expectantly.

"Sure..." Patricia agreed with him half-heartedly, though this seemed enough for Alfie who grinned at her before running out the room excitedly.

The moment he was out the door Fabian turned to Nina, whispering loudly enough so Camilla and Amber could hear too, "So I've been thinking about the puzzle pieces. And how Sarah's numbers open it...."

Before he could continue Amber interrupted not looking happy at all, "Whoa... rewind." She demanded causing them all to look at her angry but beautiful face, "you opened another puzzle piece?"

Nina was quick to hush the girl as Fabian, Camilla and Patricia looked around. It would be their luck that Victor finds out they stole the pieces back because Amber was mad.

"Without me? So rude." Amber concluded.

"As I was saying before I got interrupted," Fabian pointedly started again looking at Amber as if to hint to her not to interrupt again.

Of course, Amber didn't get Fabian's hint and said, "I can't believe you did that without me?! And you let them, Cam?! Rude. Again."

"The 5th puzzle piece looks exactly the same, so are we assuming Sarah's numbers open that one too?" Fabian rushed as if he was trying to get what he wanted to ask the group out before Amber interrupted him – again.

"Maybe we shouldn't try it," Patricia pipped up from the end of the table looking a little nervous, "those noises terrified me."

"Hang on," Amber spoke up looking around at them all, "noises? You mean that wasn't an earthquake?" she asked brandishing her lip gloss at Camilla and Fabian as if daring them to lie to her.

Camilla sent her a sympathetic smile and shook her head, "Sorry Ambs, that was all the weirdness of Sibuna."

"What did you do with the riddle?" Fabian asked Nina, seeing that Camilla was taking over Amber control. Nina quickly pulled it out of her bag that she had hung on the back of the dining room chair.

"Riddle? What Riddle?" Amber demanded looking from the twins to Patricia. "We have another Riddle?"

"Amber!" Patricia finally spoke up as Camilla clearly wasn't doing anything to help, from the way the small twin was smiling over her teacup Camilla seemed to be getting amusement from the blonde's confusion and annoyance. "Will you please stop repeating everything?" Patricia moaned to the blonde beauty.

"Well, no one tells me anything apparently!" Amber accused them all.

"We're tell you now!" Camilla countered with a smile before turning her attention – and Ambers – to Nina who had unfolded the Riddle and handed it to Fabian to read aloud.