[05] House of Lies

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Woman, you're crushing my hand!" Jerome angrily muttered, shaking Camilla's grip from his hand, though his eyes, like the girls next to him, didn't move from Victor's office where Nina seemed to be trapped. Camilla didn't have it in her to glare at Jerome. She was too worried for her friend. She had no clue what was being said, but it looked like Nina was caught one moment. The next, she was rushing from the office, key in hand. Camilla couldn't help but grin as she showed them all.

"Lucky," Alfie said, holding the mop and buckets so they wouldn't spill on the ground.

"Very lucky," Jerome commented with a nod of his head.

"Well done, Nina!" Camilla told the girl who shot her a smile before turning to look at Patricia.

"Well, we'll see how lucky she is tomorrow night when she goes up into that attic." That was all the girl could say with a frown on her face. Camilla knew her friend too well, and deep down, she knew Patricia was impressed with Nina. But unfortunately, not many people can get caught in Victor's office and escape without punishment.

With Patricia's final comment, they all headed downstairs, though the moment that they reached the bottom of the steps, Nina and Camilla found themselves being dragged back upstairs by Amber with the mutterings of 'Mick being insensitive'. It took one look between the two girls being removed to know it was going to be a long night.

Thankfully Fabian explained what exactly had happened as he and his sister walked into History the next day. It appeared as if Mick had decided to give his girlfriend and his tutor, who they all knew harboured feelings for him, the same bracelet. "Did he really think neither of them would find out? I mean, they share a room, and Amber isn't exactly subtle about being nosey." Camilla said as she sat down in her usual seat, an empty table to the right of her brothers.

"Well, it is Mick we are discussing," Fabian pointed out, "he can get girls, but he has no clue how." This comment caused Camilla to laugh as she turned in her seat to 'borrow' one of Alfie's pencils.

Before he could complain, a voice from the back of the room spoke up, "All the worlds a stage, and men and women are merely players" Camilla, like most of the class, turned towards the back corner of the room to see a really handsome looking teacher sitting at the back, getting to his feet he addressed the class, "Hey, my name is Jason Winkler, and I'm your new History teacher. I'll also be teaching drama."

"Your Mr Flemings replacement?" Mara asked, eyeing him up like every other girl in the room.

"Yeah, that's right." He confirmed, and as he moved to the front, both Amber and Camilla couldn't help the remarks that left their mouths. Amber going with the; "wow, I'm so glad he had a heart attack." And Camilla went with, "I'm glad your parents had sex. Wait, what?" this caused an eruption of laughter in the room, and as Amber looked embarrassed and apologised, Camilla simple smiled and happily gazed upon the teacher. It seemed History might be her new favourite class. Behind her, she didn't notice the frown that appeared on Alfie's face as he noticed Camilla gaze happily at the teacher who sat down on the desk. For some reason, he did not like the comment either of his girls said, but the fact Camilla didn't seem embarrassed about it made him feel weird for a reason he had no clue why. As Mr Winkler started talking, Alfie was shaken out of his confused daze by Jerome, who shot him a confused look. Instead of pondering what was going on, Alfie decided he would just talk to Camilla after class was over.

Sadly when the bell rang to indicate the end of class, Patricia was out of her chair and had already dragged a laughing Camilla out of the room, already moaning about how she couldn't get in contact with Joy. Alfie didn't see Camilla again until they reached Biology, where she had taken her new seat between Nina and Amber. When he and Jerome entered, she looked up from whatever Amber was saying to send them both a wave and a smile before the Blonde demanded her attention again.