[32] House of Risk

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"Come out, Lady Camilla," Alfie called from behind the closed door to his dressing room. Camilla had chucked Fabian and Alfie out to change into the dress and robes she needed for her character but was currently pacing back and forth as she tried to talk herself into what she was about to do. "You look amazing, I'm sure of it." the boy called.

Camilla paused and looked in the mirror. She did look good – maybe not as good as she would have if she'd been in the hands of Amber – but still considering the little time they had she felt she did the Goddess Isis justice in her depiction of her. Her hair was in wild curls, and within those curls was a magnificent crown, she had a white dress on that was strapless and tight-fitting on her top half but flowed down from her waist like water giving her the appearance as if she was floating not walking. A golden cloak – much like Patricia's black one - was clipped around her neck. Camilla pursed her now blood-red lips, before pulling the hood of the cloak over her head, before nodding at her reflection.

She was ready.

With that she turned on her heel and opened the door, causing Alfie – who had been leaning on it to shout through the door – to topple into the room. Alfie looked up at her at a loss for words, and Camilla glanced at her brother who seemed the same. Fabian however recovered quickly, as Camilla was his sister and for how beautiful she looked in that moment he could see the worry behind her smile.

"You look amazing Cam," Fabian reassured her, offering her his hand. Camilla took it, stepping over Alfie who quickly got to his feet. The three of them ran back towards the stage for the start of Act 2.

Fabian was pushed on by Mr Winkler the moment he arrived, and it took the teacher a good minute to realise Camilla was in costume.

"Camilla?" Mr Winkler hissed, "What is this?" he gestured to her costume.

"This is my back up, plan sir." Camilla explained, "To give us time to find Nina. Just tell Mara, Mick, and Patricia to react appropriately to anything I say and leave when they are meant to leave the stage."

It was clear Mr Winkler was happy to have more time and nodded his head for her to proceed with whatever she was planning on doing. Camilla rushed over to Patricia and Amber as they watched Fabian on stage.

"Wow, Cam!" Amber whispered to the girl in her cactus costume, "You look amazing."

"I hope they never return!" Fabian evilly cackled, "This house will be mine, all mine!" With this, he turned and left the stage to booing.

The moment he reached the girls he whispered, "Any sign?"

"No. not one sign of Nina. Not a single one!" Amber informed him before she turned and walked onto the stage.

"Do you think she'll make it back in time?" Patricia asked the Rutter's.

"Yes!" Fabian reassured Patricia, "Yes, yes, of course, I'm certain."

"That gave me no reassurance..." Camilla muttered to her brother, who rolled his eyes at her but didn't say anything about her comment.

On stage Mara and Mick were acting, "we found the treasure of Anubis," Mick said, "Now we have to get out of here..." with that, a thunder sound effect blared as the lights flashed. An 'explosion' went off causing a gasp, and Patricia stepped onto the stage as Anubis.

"Woe betide those who have disturbed me in death!" she proclaimed.

Mick pointed a fake gun at her and Patricia raised her staff at him, "disbeliever, no death can escape me. Because I am death!"