[09] - House of Keys

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla's eyes never left the scene of Alfie on the couch, his ankle bandaged with Amber doting on him as Jerome had predicted. Fabian had all but dragged her to breakfast the following day, telling her she had already skipped one breakfast this term and Trudy was going to worry if she missed another one. So she was made to endure an Anubis breakfast. Still, thankfully, before she started annoying Fabian with mindless chat, a distraction appeared in the forms of Jerome, who was supporting a limping Alfie, and Amber, who was hovering behind them holding her school things. The moment Jerome had helped Alfie onto the couch, Amber had pushed him aside to assume her nursing duties. Jerome had wandered over to the dining table where the twins were, plonking himself on the chair opposite Camilla where he normally sat but blocking her view to the couch, which - from the nod he gave Fabien - Camilla knew he had done purposefully rather than simply leaving. Which is where they were now, with Camilla emotionlessly watching Amber tend to Alfie, who clearly wasn't as hurt as he was playing it off.

"Are you sure you don't want another sugar in your tea Alfie?" Amber's sweet voice broke the silence of the living/dining room.

"Yes, please,"

"What about some toast?"

"Toast would be nice." With that, Amber nodded and moved to head to the kitchen as Alfie sat up a bit, "Oh Amber," as she turned, Alfie added, "With peanut butter?"

"Okay."

"Oh, and Amber? A little bit on honey, honey" The three at the table knew this was Alfie's flirting technique, and as Fabian and Jerome suppressed laughter, Camilla shuddered a little as she tried to fight the jealousy within her. She knew it was stupid. It wasn't like she was dating Alfie, so why was she feeling jealous. Both boys saw this shudder and looked confused, thought it was Jerome who reacted (almost as if it was second nature) as he pulled off his school jumper and flung it at Camilla over the table for her. As Fabian looked at them, clearly more confused than ever, both Jerome and Camilla saw the knowing smile on Amber's face causing Camilla to shoot a look at Jerome, who innocently smiled before turning his attention to Fabien, who was talking. Camilla listened in as she pulled on the jumper, smiling triumphantly. Now she had at least one jumper from all the boys; for some reason, they were always a lot more comfortable than hers, and they smelt good, so she had a small stash she nicked, and the boys only got them back when they left for holidays.

"So, Mick and Amber are definitely finished then?" Fabien asked the two at the table. Camilla had become somewhat of an ear for Amber along with Nina, and Jerome knew everything with Alfie's life, so out of the rest of the house, these two probably knew what was going on. Though Fabian decided not to comment on the jumper thing just yet, perhaps Jerome and Camilla had decided to grow up and stop their teasing of each other, but that was hopeful thinking.

"Well, it looks like it," Jerome answered as he picked up his and Camilla's bowls, knowing full well he wouldn't see his jumper back till he left to go home at the end of term, but the girl snuggled up in it with a triumphant look as if she had managed to collect all the Pokémon in the world, was a sight worth it. Or so he told himself.

"I can't believe she went on a date with Alfie," Fabian said, and all three knew the subtext behind what he said. 'When Camilla's right in front of him'. "I mean, what's next? You two living in peaceful harmony?"

This caused Camilla to laugh a little and shake her head, "I think we will always love to hate each other, me and J" Jerome nodded in his head in agreement with the girl as he got up and wandered into the kitchen to clean their bowls.