[46] House of Bribes

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The fact the Rutter twins had fought/were fighting spread quickly within Anubis house. It was something that rarely happened but it did make for a tense few days within the house before one of the two missed the other so much they ended up having a twin evening – with films and snacks – and all was right again with the two. Anubis house had to just wait until that time came.

Camilla was made aware of the whole house knowing of her and Fabian's fight when she got back to her room after a morning shower – something very unusual for Camilla as she hated going to school with wet hair but also hated the 45 minutes it took to blow dry her hair, so she stuck to evening shower. Walking into her bedroom, her hair up in a towel to help get some of the water out of it, Camilla saw a tray of an assortment of breakfast foods – buttered toast, blueberry and chocolate chip muffins, scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, fruit, her large flask of what she assumed would be tea and three teacups – two full already – enough food for three girls to snack on as they got ready. But most importantly enough food so Camilla didn't have to go downstairs.

"Ta-Da!" Was Ambers response to Camilla's confused and slightly sleepy face looking to the breakfast tray trying to figure out why it was on her bed. Amber of course was fully dressed and as hyper as a bee on the first day of spring, quite the contrast to the two other girls who she shared a room with. "I just thought... considering today is..." Amber faltered looking to Nina who was sat on her bed in a black dress, the girl was clearly unsure as if she could say the words out loud. Scared to make it real.

"Sarah's Funeral?" Nina prompted for Amber with a sad smile, "it's okay you can say it."

"Well... considering it is that." Amber turned her attention back to Camilla – all of them hearing the silent but clear 'and you are fighting with Fabian' that Amber didn't add in, "I thought you could eat up here while we pick out your outfit! Gosh I'm glad Nina let me choose her's last night. Imagine having to dress two of you in such short notice!" with that Amber bustled over to the wardrobe that backed against the wall between her bed and Camilla's. There were only two wardrobes in the room and Amber's clothes filled them both – though Nina and Camilla did have some space somehow for their clothes too. Throwing open the wardrobe Amber got to work, throwing out black skirts and tops and dresses onto her bed of both Camilla's and her own so she could pick the right outfit.

Camilla wandered over to her bed and picked up some toast nibbling on it, her eyes glancing once again to the envelope with the words 'The Protector' that lay unopened on her pillow. She didn't have the heart yet to open it. Part of her didn't want to know what Sarah's final words to her where. It make her death seem so much more real. Camilla didn't have many adults in her life to begin with – not reliable ones anyway – she didn't want to have to say goodbye yet to another one.

Nina got up and looked at herself in her full-length mirror, pulling her hair up out of her face, watching Camilla in the mirror. She was as curious as to what the letter said as Camilla but it was Camilla's, she would wait until the girl was ready to tell her what was in it.

"I think this would look amazing on you," Amber excitedly exclaimed, pulling a dress from the bed and holding out for Camilla to see. The dress was form-fitted so it hug Camilla perfectly stopping just below her knee, and it had chiffon sleeves. It wasn't too flashy, but it screamed Camilla.

"There is more to life than deciding what I am going to wear to a funeral, Amber..." Camilla replied with a mouthful of toast. Ambers only response to this was to throw the dress at her friend as if to say 'just put the thing on'. Of course, Camilla knew better than to argue with her friend – especially when it came to fashion – so grabbed the dress and wandered to their folding screen so she could change into said dress.