[34] House of Hazard

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Camilla was shattered, performing in a play as well as mystery-solving took it out of a girl, she wasn't sure she was fully awake as she sat herself down next to Fabian at the dining room table. Thankfully her twin had thought ahead and her toast and tea were sat ready for her.

"That look on Victors face last night, was all the confirmation we need," Fabian whispered to Nina and Camilla as his twin settled down beside him.

"Yeah, but now he knows that we know," Nina told Fabian, getting a confused look from Camilla. It was clear the girl wasn't awake enough for serious thought. "We don't have much of a plan after that." She added getting nods from the twins as they took in her words.

"Have any of you seen Patricia?" Mara asked as she wandered into the room and noticed Patricia's empty seat at the end of the table.

"Didn't she come home last night?" Nina asked.

"No," Mara replied seeming concerned and a little upset, "Trudy said she went out with her aunt and uncle after the play. But I thought she'd be back by now."

"Are you alright Mara?" Fabian and Camilla said as one. It seemed as if they both realised that something was wrong with the girl.

"No," She answered back, "I need to talk to Patricia,"

"Hey, you can talk to us if you like," Nina told the girl.

Mara, however, glanced to Amber before shaking her head, "No I can't!" With this, she rushed from the room.

If she couldn't talk with Amber there then that only meant one thing, in Camilla's eyes anyway. Amber seemed to have the same idea as she pipped up saying, "Trouble in paradise." This caused Camilla to laugh as Amber settled down opposite Fabian at the table.

"Sorry?" Fabian asked Amber and his sister looking between the two.

"Her and Mick," Amber started her explanation, "They were boyfriend and girlfriend for all of one hour, and then they broke up."

"Why?" Nina asked.

"Who knows... Boys are puzzling mysteries." Amber told her American friend.

"Aka," Camilla couldn't help but add, "They are dumb but they smell good." This caused the three girls to laugh while Fabian tried not to get offended by his sister's words.

"So where do we think Patricia is?" Nina said trying to divert the conversation back to something important.

"Hopefully with Joy –" Fabian started,

"-And not with Rufus." Camilla finished for him.

"I thought he was one of the good guys." Amber chimed in. "Okay, it's impossible to keep track. We need a newsletter." The sincerity in which Amber said this caused both Camilla and Fabian to look at her blankly, was this seriously what Amber was worried about right now. Not the fact their friend might be missing and in danger?

"I hope she's okay." Nina let out a sigh. Before anyone else could say anything everyone came tumbling into the room and the chaos of breakfast started.

Amber glanced at Camilla with a knowing smile, before she looked towards her ex-boyfriend, "Your quiet today Mick," she commented innocently – though her best friends knew she was anything but innocent. Amber was stirring the pot, especially now with the information that Mick and Mara didn't last an hour together.