[45] House of Victory

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

Victor had been in a foul mood from the moment they all got back from school and it didn't take any Sibuna's much to realise why. Nina had found Sarah's scarf in an armchair so it was easy to guess she had been there. A final attempt for Victor to try to complete his father's work. Where Victor had been in a foul mood, Camilla had been in a melancholy one. Even Amber knew something was up when she didn't complain once while the girl was getting her 'battle-ready' for the election at school that very day.

"Are you okay Cam?" Amber asked as she pinned the girl's hair into an intricate up/down look, "you have been awfully quiet."

Camilla glanced at the girl in the mirror, with everything she had learned she didn't have the heart for this election nonsense. It seemed like such stupid pettiness compared to everything else they were dealing with. It didn't help she had awoken that day with a horrible feeling in her gut that she couldn't shake. However, the election and everything it represented was important to Amber so she put on her best smile for her best friend.

"Just nervous I guess for you," Camilla told the blonde, "this is a big day after all." This rewarded the girl with a bright smile from her friend, who then went back to her work with extra enthusiasm, missing the smile drop from the small girl's face.

Breakfast at Anubis house that day was extra tense. Normally there was some drama going on but today's tension could but cut with a knife. It was election day and everyone's opinion mattered. Camilla slid into her normal seat between Alfie and Fabian, once again cursing the dreaded heels Amber had put her in when Amber and Jerome came into the room. Mara was dressed like a school teacher and Amber had never looked hotter... It was going to be an interesting day, to say the least. The two girls eyed each other up as they walked around the table to their seats, Jerome before settling at his seat making sure to throw his jumper over at Camilla who was once again looking uncomfortable in the incredibly short skirt Amber had put her in. Camilla grinned at Jerome and quickly pulled on his jumper causing Fabian to frown and Camilla to roll her eyes at him. She knew he didn't like whatever was going on with Jerome and her but her brother didn't say anything – she knew honestly at that moment he was just happy something was covering up his sister.

"So, election day," Jerome broke the silence once he had seen Camilla put his jumper on and the silent conversation between the twins was over. All heads turned his way as he navigated the tension with ease only Jerome Clark could have. "The big vote off. Now, Alfie and Milly, of course, are definite for Amber," Jerome spoke looking around the table, Amber sending Alfie and Camilla bright smiles at the two, "so is Nina and so am I." Camilla glanced at Nina as Jerome spoke, something had been up with her all morning and clearly from the concerned glance Fabian gave the girl she wasn't the only Rutter to notice. "So that just leaves Mick and Patricia for you then Mara. Are you getting nervous?" Jerome clearly couldn't help but put a dig in that Amber clearly outvoted Mara – only if at Anubis house.

"oh, back off Clark." An annoyed Mick pipped up from Alfie's other side.

Before anyone else could say anything, Trudy wandered into the room, the look on her face was one of sympathy which instantly had Camilla sat up. Since she woke up she had known something was wrong but she didn't know why, she could read Nina like a book and could tell something had happened with her overnight but the girl wouldn't say what, and as Trudy approached the table she just knew somehow it had to do with what was wrong with Nina.

"Nina sweetie, could you come with me?" she asked softly, before glancing up and catching Camilla's eye, "Camilla, I think you best come too..."

Nina glanced at Camilla who could see the tears in her eyes forming but she was fighting from letting them fall. Camilla didn't know what was happening but her friend needed her so she was going. The table fell silent as they watched the two girls leave the room, Camilla instantly taking Nina's hand the moment she could and giving it a squeeze to remind the girl that she wasn't alone. The concerned and curious glances between Jerome and Fabian where not missed by Camilla but at that moment, she didn't care, her sole focus was on the fact Nina needed her, and that's all that mattered.