[51] House of Allegiance

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

"How long does is it taking that girl to get Trudy!" Victor mumbled to himself, though both Amber and Camilla could hear him.

The two looked to one another as they reached their room and Victor turned back to find out what was taking so long.

"We need to help Nina!" Amber whispered to Camilla as the door to the stairs shut behind Victor.

"Yeah, but how?" Camilla asked her friend who looked as unsure as Camilla.

The two decided to run back to the stairs, Camilla 'supporting' Amber. Thankfully they arrived just in time, as it didn't take more than a glance at the situation to know Nina had found something but she couldn't move from her spot or Victor would find out what she had found too.

"I said Move!" Victor shouted at Nina who looked a lot like a deer in headlights.

Amber grabbed Camilla's hand – as a way of warning her – before she shouted dramatically, "Victor!" This caused the man to look up to see Amber and Camilla on the upper landing, "the rooms starting to spin and I think my ankles are swelling up." Amber dramatically told the man causing Camilla to look away to hide her smile, doing so she saw Nina swipe something up from the floor.

"Trudy will be with you," Victor tried to reassure the girl, but it came out less concerned and more like he was getting tired of the whole situation. He looked from Amber and Camilla back to Nina again, making a shooing motion as if she should hurry up and get Trudy.

"Oh, Trudy!" Nina faked innocence with a smile, "Yes! I'll go get her!" with that Nina all but ran from the room. The two girls on the landing smiling to one another. They had found another clue, go team Sibuna.

Trudy rushed to Amber's side instantly and instructed Camilla to get her some water from the kitchen for the girl – Victor taking the woman's distraction as a chance to hide back in his office.

As she approached the kitchen, she saw Alfie, Nina and Fabian inside pausing outside the door just in time to hear Alfie as a very odd question, "Em, just out of curiosity, you know the elixir I brought back from the cellar the other night? What did we do with it exactly?"

Camilla couldn't help but frown at the question and if she was in the kitchen, she would see that her brother had the same suspicious look on his face. Though unknown to Fabian; Camilla wasn't suspicious of Alfie, no she was suspicious of Jerome and whatever he had told Rufus.

"It's under my mattress," Fabian informed him and Camilla could hear in his tone he thought Alfie was up to something. "Why?"

"no, nothing, that's all," Alfie responded in an oddly innocent tone which automatically caused alarm bells to ring with both the twins. "I just wanted to know it was somewhere safe."

With that Alfie all but ran from the room, not notice Camilla who was listening in from outside.

"Strange, even for Alfie," Nina commented from inside the kitchen and Camilla debated whether or not she would follow her friend or keep listening into her brother's chat.

After a second, she knew whatever Jerome was up too was the greater of two evils as Jerome meant Rufus and that man was dangerous. Pushing from the wall Camilla followed Alfie to his and Jerome's room.

"I can't take it tonight! It be too suspicious, why can't we wait a few days!" she heard Alfie shout and took that at her cue to push open their door and look innocent as she wandered in, to see the two boys on their beds.