[04] House of Dares

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

To say Camilla was a morning person would be a full-blown lie. Most mornings, her friends in Anubis house just left the girl to her own devices, knowing she would need food and at least two cups of tea before she was a functioning human once again. However, the morning after her exciting day off school, things were a little different. Last night Nina had made a discovery. The necklace she had gotten from Sarah or "Emily" was actually a locket, with a picture of a beautiful blonde girl in it that Camilla thought looked a little like Nina maybe (though she never voiced those thoughts). However, that was not the reason she was in a particularly grumpy this particular morning. No. She was annoyed once again with the 'gothic pixie' who she was following down the stairs. Last night Nina had fallen asleep during the movie, so Camilla had decided to switch it off and get ready for bed herself simply; when she got back from the bathroom, she saw Patricia standing over Nina's bed, throwing feathers from her feather boa onto the girl. When Nina woke up, Camilla heard Patricia's teasing remarks from the door. It didn't take much for the twin to understand what had happened. Nina had had a nightmare, and Patricia was making things worse.

Camilla was getting fed up with Patricia's ways. It was clear to anyone with two brain cells that Nina had no idea where Joy had gone, plus with the way Fabian looked at the girl, Camilla had a funny feeling she would be hearing more about Nina in the future. She wanted to befriend the girl for that reason. However, Patricia was still her friend (even if she was walking on a thin line), so Camilla refrained from saying anything as she sat down in her normal seat next to Alfie at the breakfast table. Her unimpressed looked clearly seen to everyone around her. Fabian and Alfie were the only two who knew they could go near Camilla in the morning, especially if she was in a mood. It took one silent conversation above her head before Camilla found Fabian buttering toast for her, and Alfie had placed a cup of tea in front of her. She smiled slightly at 'her boys'; they knew her too well. However, the smile instantly fell as Patricia started to tell everyone of Nina's nightmare.

"I wish I could have seen her face when she woke up just covered in feathers," Jerome said once Patricia finished her story.

"I bet her face was like," Alfie pulled a really shocked looking face causing both Patricia and Jerome to laugh loudly. Alfie went to laugh with them, but he saw the look Camilla gave him and decided against it. He knew better than to deal with an angry Camilla.

"Guys, I have an idea that really will give her nightmares", Patricia started, lowering her voice as she looked between the two pranksters. Instantly Camilla was on alert. She leaned forward in the premise of grabbing her teacup to listen to what Patricia was going to say. Before Patrice could say anything, though, Alfie shhh'd her as Nina walked into the room.

Before the girl could even sit down in her chair, Patricia smirked and leaned forward, "Sleep well, Nina?"

"Caw! Caw! Caw!" both Alfie and Jerome started flapping their hands, and Camilla couldn't help it as she slammed her (now empty) cup onto the table.

"Shut up! Okay, just shut up!" She all but yelled at them, instantly causing them to quieten down, Jerome and Alfie sharing an uneasy glance, but Patricia simply rolled her eyes. She knew Camilla too well when it came to them trying to hurt or embarrass the other they both had the same amount of blackmail on each other. Neither of them really saw the other as a threat. That's how they worked so well as friends.

"Just ignore them," Fabian told Nina as she sat down, shooting Camilla a smile before focussing his attention on the American.

"I am," Nina replied with a smile.