[54] House of Revelation

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

How hard could it be to keep puzzle pieces safe?

Those where famous last words. At least Camilla thought so, as the girl instantly regretted thinking them and thinking that the job could be easy when a panicked looking Alfie came racing towards her in study hall.

She knew before he opened his mouth what he was going to say. "Camilla, something bad happened!" Alfie panickily whispered to her as he slid into the seat next to her, causing Mrs Andrews who was the teacher in charge of the study hall today to look up rather perplexed. Alfie never voluntary came to a study hall, even if he only had 20 minutes left of the period, especially when it was last period and it was optional. Most of the time, he would rather go back to Anubis house.

Camilla glanced to the teacher, before hurriedly pulling out her English textbook and a spare notebook and putting it in front of Alfie – hoping to at least pretend to the teacher they were studying together. Alfie thankfully wasn't completely stupid; he could read the look on Camilla's face as she glanced to the teacher before pulling out her books for Alfie to pretend to use. Alfie grabbed the English book and opened it to a random page before going back to why he had spent the last 40 minutes of his life searching for Camilla.

"What's happened, Alfie?" Camilla asked softly looking at her work, she knew Mrs Andrew's wasn't stupid but she allowed some conversation as long as work was getting done. Though with Alfie now there, Camilla knew no more work was going to be getting done for her – but she could pretend.

"Jerome's taken my puzzle piece to Rufus..." Alfie slowly whispered, not looking Camilla in the eye but from the sound of her book hitting the table, he knew her reaction wasn't a good one.

"Come again," a high-pitched Camilla responded, "I think I misheard you, I thought you just said, that Jerome took your puzzle piece, the one you Sibuna Swore to protect on your life, to our main enemy Rufus Zeno..."

Alfie sent Camilla an apologetic smile, causing Camilla to let out a groan and lean her head in her hands rubbing her eyes, trying not to think about the implications of what Alfie told her. The main one was she had to figure out a plan to get the puzzle piece back off Rufus before she murdered Jerome. Had the boy learnt nothing in the weeks of her yelling at him about how dangerous Rufus was, and did the boy really value Alfie that little that he'd steal from him just to get a pay-out. She promised they'd figure out the Rufus thing together, maybe he didn't value her friendship as much as she had thought if he had done his own thing. As her head was in her hands Camilla didn't notice as the lights started flickering – her thoughts and emotions too tied up in what she had just been told.

From next to her Alfie tried to lighten the conversation a little, not knowing, with a small comment, "plus, I mean, I wouldn't call Rufus our main enemy, that be Victor – if this was a tv show he'd be the big bad for like the next season."

This caused Camilla to lower her hands and look at Alfie with an unreadable look, "Alfie, I love you, but this is not a TV show and even if it was that doesn't get rid of the fact that Rufus Zeno is the most dangerous man we know. Victor would never kidnap one of us and use us for blackmail, Rufus did that without a second's hesitation, and deep down I know he can and will do more dangerous things to get what he wants."

Alfie could see the worry and the fear in Camilla's eyes as she babbled about Rufus, reading over he grabbed her hand and squeezed it. He didn't see Camilla ever looking scared, in fact, it was one of the many things he admired about her – yes, she worried but she was a Rutter they inherited that worried stance – but fear never cropped up in Camilla's life, the girl always had too many things to deal with to let fear get in the way. The fact she was scared now, scared of Rufus and everything he could possibly do caused the reality of the situation to crash down around Alfie. "Hey, Cam," Alfie whispered, causing the girl to stop talking, "We will get through this. Together. All of us Sibuna's,"