[33] House of Thieves

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The show was a massive success that was clear to all the performers, however, the Sibuna's knew they had other things to worry about before they could sit down and enjoy the success along with her pers. Their main focus was to find out what happened with Joy and to try to get to her before the teachers did. Camilla and Patricia ran backstage, their cloaks flapping racing to the classroom calling Joy's name but there was no response.

"Come on Trish, let's get back." Camilla told her friend, "If we're not at the reception then people are going to worry." Patricia nodded her head and let herself be pulled away. Nether girl realising that just in the room next to them Joy was sat on the floor with Mrs Andrews and Victor on either side of her.

The reception party was tame, to say the least, but Camilla didn't mind. The curls Alfie and herself had painstaking placed in her hair still fell down her back elegantly looking rather odd compared to her normal clothes.

"How did I do?" Camilla asked her best friend as she approached him at the snack table.

Alfie turned and grinned at her, "You were epically amazing?! Shakespeare would have been proud of your play... well, I'm not sure. I don't know him personally."

This caused Camilla to laugh as she took the drink he handed to her. Before she could say anything to him a glum-looking Jerome approached them – from what she had seen as she walked past he had tried to chat up Gary's older sister and had clearly failed.

"Impressive," Alfie told Jerome as he and Camilla smirked, "very pretty..."

"You can tell how much she liked you by how fast she ran away," Camilla added causing Alfie to laugh and Jerome to glare at them both.

"Oh no!" Jerome started to defend himself, "I am well in there."

"In your dreams," Camilla muttered as she put the punch to her lips. Alfie nodded his head in agreement with Camilla. Jerome was delusional if he thought he had a chance with Gary's sister.

"Why are you in school uniform?" Jerome asked, trying to change the subject. Camilla had thought it was odd Alfie was in his uniform but assumed it was because of his parents so didn't ask – she had met the Lewis's a few times and they were the no-nonsense parents that for some reason Alfie always wanted to impress. Camilla didn't understand why but didn't question her friend. At least his parents made an effort in his life.

"My parents are around, I need to look smart," Alfie explained to Jerome.

"Alfie, you look like a complete nerd." Jerome told him causing Camilla to roll her eyes, "You are the only person in here in school uniform."

"My folks respect me for that."

"Well, I think he looks smart." Camilla pipped in, causing Alfie to smile at her and relax a little, "If he wants to look nice for his parents... we will let him and not mock him. Right, Jerome." Camilla added looking at the boy, her eyebrow raised as if to dare him to disagree with her.

"Eh, Right... sure..." Jerome agreed giving Camilla and odd look.

Camilla, however, turned to Alfie and gave him a hug, "Gotta see Fabian, so send my love to your folks."

"Don't worry I'm sure they will hunt you down, you know you are their favourite Rutter." Alfie teased causing Camilla to laugh.

With that, Camilla waved her fingers at the boys before wandering over to her brother, not noticing Jerome's lingering eyes on her retreating figure and Alfie hitting him to cause him to blink and look away.

"A drink for you, Fabian," Camilla announced herself and handed Fabian a bright pink drink which he took happily, moving to one side so Camilla could jump onto the stage next to Nina. Fabian and Nina were quick to catch Camilla up on everything that had happened. The fact Victor had another puzzle piece in his safe and the fact Joy couldn't be found, and the fact Patricia was still insisting on meeting Rufus after everything that had happened that night.

"I'm really really worried about Patricia," Fabian informed the girls.

"Have you met Patricia?" Nina asked, "Because there's no stopping her once she wants to do something."

"Victor is going to kill me over this play isn't he?" Camilla asked her brother.

"I would never let that happen," Fabian told her taking her hand and being rewarded with a smile.

"You sure about that?" Amber asked, and the twins look over at her. Amber nodded her head to the other end of the hall were Victor, Jason and Mrs Andrews were all gathered. Heads bent close whispering.

"Victor keeps staring at you," Nina whispered to Camilla.

"Do you think they know?" Camilla asked the others.

"Know what?" Amber asked.

"That I've taken the puzzle piece?" Nina whispered.

"No!" Fabian was quick to respond, "Not yet. He hasn't been back to the house. I think that's just his usual face." With that Fabian pulled a face causing a giggle from Camilla though the other two girls didn't look so reassured by the boy.

When the Sibuna's got back to the house and realised Patricia still wasn't back they all rushed to Fabian's room. Camilla pulling out her phone and calling her friend. Before she could put the phone to her ear a worried pacing Nina grabbed it instead.

"Hey, Its Nina, are you okay?" Nina spoke to Patricia on the phone. Camilla however grumped and fell back onto Fabian's bed watching. "Where are you?"

Camilla sat up as Nina's face fell and she glanced at the phone. "What happened?"

"The lines gone dead. That's weird."

The twins glanced at one another, "I'm sure it's just a bad signal." Fabian tried to reassure Nina.

"Probably. Yeah. Anyway, she sounded fine. She said they are meeting Joy." Nina told the two on the bed.

"I totally forgot to tell you!" Fabian exclaimed looking to the American. "the writing on the card, it was mirrored writing!"

"It was a secret message from Joy, asking to meet up" Camilla explained for her bother as Nina looked at him confused.

"That's kinda a big thing to forget to tell me!" Nina laughed, "Maybe Joy will have some answers?" The hope in Nina's voice was refreshing. For a while, it seemed all they had been getting was questions some answers would be great for once. 

--------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I am soooooo sorry I haven't been updating in a while - I do have a good reason...

I AM PRODUCING A WEB SHOW! (AHHHHH) so writing the first draft of that has taken over my life but I finished that on Sunday and now we go into production which means back to Sibuna time for me!

Sarah xxxx