[57] House of Spies

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

As the house shook around them and the lights started flashing Camilla looked around the room trying to figure out a way to cause it to stop. The only thing she could see that might work was the separate the two pieces Patricia and Nina were holding together, as if to prove to the house they weren't going to put the pieces together just yet. However, as Camilla went to lean forward and separate the pieces the house had other ideas. All 7 of the puzzle pieces glowed bright red and seemed to burn Nina, Patricia and Fabian who were holding them causing them to drop them to the floor – the two pieces that had been put together splitting apart. The rumbling and shaking instantly stopping as the three all let out screams of pain looking at their hands.

"It's not the right time," Jerome repeated as Camilla leaned back against his leg once again.

"Its 8 pm!" Nina shouted, more because she was confused and in pain than because it was Jerome repeating once again, they shouldn't have put the pieces together, "what's wrong about the time?"

If it was any other day, and they were dealing with any other clue Camilla would have laughed at Nina's comment. However, what they were dealing with was serious and she knew laughter wasn't going to help them right now.

"Okay," Jerome said as he let out a frustrated sigh, "listen, I will tell you everything that Rufus said, everything. In return, I just want one thing."

"before you ask Jerome, we have any money so..." Patricia started.

"actually," Jerome was quick to interrupt her, looking from Alfie to Camilla who was using his leg as a lean, her eyes shut her hand over her collarbone where Jerome knew a nasty scar was, "I just want in, to your gang," the innocence in the way he said it caused Camilla to open her eyes so she was looking up at him, a small smile forming on her face which caused Jerome to smile back. Camilla and Alfie, he knew, would want him in, he knew that before he even uttered the words, it was the three in the middle that worried him.

"You want to be a Sibuna?" Nina asked causing Jerome to look away from Camilla and towards her.

"Yeah." He genuinely told her. "You tell me everything all your little secrets, and I will give you the info that you need. How to put the cup together and when." this caused the smile on Camilla's face to falter a little, she could read between the lines when it came to Jerome – something that infuriated him about her – he was playing a game of his own and as she glanced over at Fabian she knew he was waiting to see her response before believing Jerome or not. Fabian was book smart, but Camilla was people smart.

Nina wasn't soo Camilla aware or inclined, taking in the boys' words cautiously, before saying, "okay your in." causing Fabian's head to drop so he could perfect an expression of indifference. "now tell us!"

"Welcome aboard dude!" Alfie excited said as he ran over to where Jerome and Camilla were sat to give Jerome a high five.

"Cheers," Jerome smiled. Missing the silent conversation that passed between Camilla and Fabian. The as of that exact moment Camilla had a new role when it came to Jerome as well as a bodyguard and fake girlfriend. For the sanity of herself and Fabian, until Jerome proved himself a true Sibuna, she was also his handler and watcher for the group. "Right okay, so," Jerome said after a moment as Patricia and Nina looked at him expectantly, "according to Rufus, the cup can only be assembled on a very special date, once every 25 years, and this date is coming up very soon."

"Soon?" Nina asked clearly not impressed with the information.

"We have more information about the prom than we do from that J," Camilla muttered softly causing a snort from her brother across the room.