[17] - House of Alarms

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

It seemed that when Camilla was up late planning her revenge for Amber, the other Sibuna's had had a breakthrough with the clue. A stained glass window in the attic depicting a sunset (or when daytime ends), and due to the smart cookie that Fabian was it didn't take him long to explain to his sister as they walked to school the next day, how they thought that something reflected through it might be what the next clue is on about.

"So," Fabian continued as he pushed open the school doors, "do I want to know what you and the duo were up to all night? I mean Mick is going out his way to avoid you too after you ran after him screaming like a banshee last night."

This caused Camilla to pause and shoot him a look, "hmm I think some plausible deniability might be good, especially seeing as you live in the same room as Michael."

"Still Michael I see."

"Yep." Camilla made sure to pop the 'p' sound, though the way she said it also informed her brother that it was the end of the conversation about Mick and nothing would change her mind about his treatment of Amber – at least for a long time that is.

Today's school day was a lot different than normal. All normal classes had been cancelled as the Potential Parents day had taken over with most classes either doing sports displays or drama displays or in the case of Camilla and Fabians year they were hosting the event and telling the parents about each of the classes. The Twins split up after putting their things in their lockers – Mr Winkler had them doing different things -, promising to have a catch up at lunch. Camilla wandered through the busy halls, trying to locate either Alfie or Jerome and going out of her way to avoid the teachers. Mr Winkler had put her on the sign-in desk with Mara (a punishment in her eyes because she spoke out in class). She eventually found the duo in the drama studio, pausing at the door to watch Alfie do an adorable robot routine. Too caught up in Alfie's dancing it wasn't until a first-year ran into her at the door and jolted her, did she realise that Jerome was in the room also, on a couch that had been arranged to make a seating area for the parents. Like Camilla, he was watching Alfie, but unlike the girl, he found amusement from the dance, not a fond adorableness. Camilla rolled her eyes and scoffed softly to herself as she pushed off the door and made her way towards her friends, leaning on the back of the couch just as Jerome leaned forward to watch Alfie more. The boy had not noticed Camilla's presence, Camilla lifted her finger to her lips in a  'shh' motion to Alfie who could see them both clearly.

Camilla made sure to time it just right, but she leaned forward and grabbed Jerome's shoulders with an overly happy yell of, "Hello boys!", she was rewarded with Jerome jumping before turning his head to send Camilla a glare which she retorted with a sweet smile and a squeeze to his shoulders.

The boy got to his feet brushing off Camilla's hands and approached Alfie, who had stopped dancing to laugh at the minor jump scare Camilla had caused Jerome. Not one to be left out of a situation Camilla climbed over the couch and approached the duo just in time to hear Jerome say, "This is your big chance to win Ambers heart, dude." Camilla couldn't help but flinch slightly at the topic of conversation, forcing a fake smile onto her face so the boys wouldn't notice her pain. "She's been dumped, she's vulnerable." Jerome continued, Alfie clearly enthralled by what he was saying, neither noticing the smile on the girl having switched to a clear fake one, "she needs a sensitive guy, like you, with a big shiny shoulder to cry on."

"I don't know man, Jason said I can't get the costume wet." Alfie's clear concern about getting into trouble over winning himself the girl of his dreams caused Camilla to smile for real. Alfie could always get her to smile no matter what pain his clear non-crush on her was, that's why he was her best friend after all.