[15] - House of Proof

*Unedited* 

-------------------------------------------------------

The next day it was clear that Amber, Nina, Fabian and Camilla were shaken after hearing that Sarah's parents had been murdered – or that young Sarah thought that it might not be the case young children's minds think all sorts of things, Fabian pointed out to soothe their nerves. Though the attempt was appreciated it couldn't quite help Camilla to shake the uneasy feeling. Thankfully school was a distraction – something Camilla never thought she would ever say – being particularly attentive as she slid into her seat next to Amber in Jason Winkler's History class. Her first real smile of the day appeared on her face as the History/Drama teacher meandered into the classroom. She wasn't smiling because of the man – no – it was her best friend being his adorable self behind the teacher that caused her to smile, and the majority of the class to laugh.

"Sorry there, Mr Winkler," was Alfie's rushed apology as the teacher turned around and gave him a look, causing him to smile and run to his seat.

"Alright, everyone settles down!" Mr Winkler shouted at the class who were still sniggering away at Alfie. It took a few moments, but finally, the class fell silent so the teacher could continue talking, "Okay, eh, before we start the class the school has perspective parents day next week, and I would like some volunteers to help show the outside world what a talented bunch you all are."

"Like that's going to happen," Camilla muttered before she could even stop herself, but due to the room having fallen silent everyone heard and a wave of laughter rang out.

"Miss Rutter, is that you volunteering?" Mr Winkler teased, knowing full well that it wasn't and that no one would willingly volunteer for what he was proposing but better to ask the class first before assigning their roles.

"Sorry, Sir. I think I have a toothache, or something already booked in for that day." was Camilla's instant teasing remark, causing another wave of laughter this time, Mr Winkler joining in with them all.

Before the teacher could ask them all again the door was opened by the PE teacher Miss. Robinson, "Alright, take a seat." She told the class of year 10's behind her.

"All right, Miss Robinson," Jerome whispered excitedly, if it weren't for the fact Camilla was sitting in front of him and Alfie, she would have missed it. However, she did hear him and was quick to turn around and shoot him a look of disbelief.

Did Jerome really fancy Miss Robinson of all people?

Alfie picked up on Camilla's look and the implication behind it rather quickly and burst out laughing, causing a few heads to turn their way.

Jerome was also quick to pick up on the look the female twin was sending his way and quickly shot her back a look which clearly read as 'mind your own business'.

"Em, Miss Robinson," Mr Winkler spoke up as this weird silent conversation was going on, "I'm in the middle of a class here."

"This is my classroom Mr Winkler" Miss Robinson responded in a polite but firm way, "If you look on the timetable, I've had it booked for weeks."

"Shall we?"

"I don't think so." Miss Robinson responded firmly.

Mr Winkler looked surprised but was clearly trying to cover it as he turned to his class, "eh, quiet everyone, please. Can you go to the drama studio and we'll carry on from there"?

There was the familiar scraping as people pushed their seats away and grabbed their things, the class slowly making their way out of the room. Of course, having spotted an opportunity Jerome had decided to tie Alfie's shoelace to the table leg resulting – as the class was leaving- in the boy falling flat on his face with a scream.