ᵒᶰᵉ

Prison isn't Brooklyn Reid's ideal place to spend her Wednesday night, but after what she has done, there will be a big chance that she won't be leaving anytime soon.

According to the Police Law, breaking and entering does not count as a small offense, but an unforgiving crime that will forever leave a permanent stain in her previously clean record. The record that will tarnish any of her chances in getting a job in the near future - after she finds herself a way out of this situation, to be precise.

Brooklyn is willing to do anything to get out of here. She has already done a mental debate with herself and came with a satisfying conclusion that she will climb mountains to prevent herself being kept behind bars. Double meaning intended.

She intends to seduce her way to freedom. With Brooklyn's striking features, her brown shoulder length hair that frames her face perfectly, and her killer hourglass figure, it is easy to get her way most of the time. Usually, any man with a common sense would be on their knees by now.

The surge reality of the situation suddenly hit and she has to lean against the plain concrete wall to prevent herself from falling. All the wrongs that she has made in the past few hours came to her in a strong current and a migraine starts forming in her head.

She broke in to someone's house-

Mansion.

Brooklyn had broken into a mansion thinking it was a necessary leap to continue with her life. She was supposed to do a quick work of going in, grabbing some valuable items, and get right out. She had checked prior for surveillance and saw none - imagine her surprise. There isn't even a single security standing guard. She should've known it was all an illusion.

Obviously, she had lingered around for a few more days, memorizing the usual routine that went on in that mansion, and today she strikes.

She did.

But she failed.

Miserably.

And ended up behind bars.

"....this way. According to what our team has gathered from the crime scene, she is working alone, and based on the techniques she applied while attempting to enter your house, she is not skilled either. But even though that's the case, Sir, you are lucky that your neighbor passed by your house when he did, otherwise she would've gotten away unscathed. For someone that has no expertise on breaking and entering, she is very slick and has the stealth of a hungry cat. She's just around the corner," there is a pause, "are you sure you want to meet her? We can deal with her for you if you like. Just give us the word."

"No," a steely, sharp voice replies back.

"Very well, Sir."

An officer, who she remembers as Gentry Langston, and a man - she assumes it's the owner of the mansion she broke in to - appears from around the corner. Their footstep echoed loudly in the bare four walls of the dainty prison.

Officer Langston gestures to her. "Here we are."

The man nods. "Leave."

"Sir, I don't think that will be wise."

"Do I have to repeat myself?" the man challenged, his voice as sharp as razor.

Officer Langston's eyes widen. "N-no," he stutters and he scrambles away hurriedly.

Snap.

As entertaining as it was watching the man that locked her in here stumble for words - and Brooklyn has a small hunch that he is not right in the head - it was a whole different meaning when those impassive, electric blue eyes landed on her. Time seemed to stop when he was sizing her up, scanning her from head to toe and then doing it again.