ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

"Babe," Brooklyn was shook gently as Asher was trying to wake her up. He had been at it for a couple minutes now and she was still sleeping like a log. "Wake up," he shook more insistently.

He woke up around fifteen minutes ago and had just been laying there, thinking of the previous night and all the sexy things that happened when he suddenly caught sight of the clock on the bedside table. Shocked would be an understatement when he realized how late it was.

He was supposed to be at the office by nine in the morning to be present for an important meeting, and it was already well pass noon. To make matters worse, he also didn't call his secretary to tell her to cancel the meeting, so now he probably has an angry board of directors wanting to murder him for wasting their time.

The first instinct was for Asher to get out of bed, but there was a slight issue with prosecuting it. Brooklyn was still laying on his chest, and she looked so serene it would be a crime to ruin it.

So he tried he next best thing. Instead of waking her up like he's the bad guy, he does it by being soft and gentle, trying to coax her into opening her eyes, but all those attempts went futile because her eyelids were still too heavy.

"Brooklyn, baby," he half whined, dropping his head back down on his pillow in defeat, "wakey, wakey, eggs on bakey," he tried, still to no avail. He was running his fingers into her tangled hair, making thugs through the mess and pulling her scalp that was sure to hurt.

Still no response.

She was as good as dead to the world. Yesterday was mind-blowing but it also drained most of her energy. All she wanted to do was sleep and sleep and sleep, much to Asher's inconvenience.

"Fuck, I can't believe I said that," he mutter to himself, cursing in the few languages he knew. "I swear, this woman makes me do the dumbest things."

He was talking to himself, not in the crazy way, but those that screamed pep talks and self loathe. He didn't like it that he will obey to every command she gave him - if she does. It is too much control for one person.

Sighing, he decided to test his luck again. "Please, baby, get up or else I'll never have sex with you again if this will be the end result."

Finally, finally, those lids fluttered for a fraction of a second, but it was good enough for Asher to know that she was coming to her senses. Who knew empty threats was a good way to wake a person up, even someone who was literally half dead.

He waited impatiently to see her eyes, and when they finally opened, he had to stop himself from cheering in victory. Deep inside, he was glad that she can wake up from her sleep.

Kissing her forehead, he shifted himself so that he can lean on the headrest, still holding her close. She snuggled into him and her eyes shut again on their own accord.

Asher force his eyeballs in stay in it's place because he was absolutely astonished that after ten hours of sleep, she was still game strong.

He tsked her and shook her violently. Now that she was conscious, there wasn't any more guilt holding him back from her waking up. "Babe, get the hell up. I'm late for work and I still have to shower."

She got to attention at the word 'work' and she was wide awake, remembering the pact that she made with herself about the working conditions. Scurrying off the bed, she jetted towards the bathroom to start the shower.

Asher was curious as to why she was suddenly so active and chased after her. "What the hell are doing," he asked when he saw that she was hurriedly squeezing toothpaste onto her toothbrush, and at the same time trying to strip out of Asher's shirt that she wore last night after their nocturnal activities.