ᵗʷᵉᶰᵗʸ ᵉᶤᵍʰᵗ

In movies, during a dramatic scene, there will always be background music playing that puts the audience on the edge of their seats. It creates an intense atmosphere as well as builds the suspense to what's about to happen.

It can be either a good type, bad, or a very bad one if watching a horror movie. Whichever it is, audience will be on their highest alert and desperate to know what will happen next, they will grasp onto every detail in hopes to know what to expect.

The director will make sure that doesn't happen, he wants the theater to be on their toes, anticipating the next move but never actually knowing. It maintains the quality and also attracts more viewers.

If Asher and Brooklyn were in a movie, this will be the time where the music plays, and where an everlasting silence etches so loud you'd be able to hear a pin drop.

Lisa was pacing around the room, and Brooklyn and Asher were both sitting on her bed as instructed the moment they entered. Brooklyn had her head resting on his shoulder after she got bored of seeing her anxious mom and the consistent footsteps was getting on her nerves, his big hands were wrapped in her small ones and his cheek rested on the top of her head.

He readjusted and placed a kiss on her forehead, "you okay?" he asked softly, not wanting to alert Lisa.

Closing her eyes and sighing, Brooklyn answered, "yeah. It's just, we have been here for about ten minutes and she's still walking back and forth around the room."

"I get it," he whispered, playing with her hair, "you wanna try and call her?"

"We already did that. It didn't work, remember? The last ten times proved it."

"The eleventh times a charm, babe."

"Sure," scoffed Brooklyn. "Why don't the both of us yell together, maybe she will snap out of whatever she's in if we had a louder voice."

"Whatever floats your boat, babe, I'm down. On three?"

She nodded. Three... Two... O-

"Wait! I have a question first, it's important." Asher looked at her in panic and they had to stop the countdown.

She wasn't happy that they were prolonging it. "What is it, Asher. Make it quick."

"It was a sudden thought, okay?" he defended, raising his hands up and surrender. "Just wondering, what were we supposed to yell?"

"Are you serious? Yell whatever you want, as long as it does the job. You can call her Lisa or Mrs Reid or mom for all I care. Even though it would be weird but that doesn't matter. Three. Two. One. MOM!!"

She didn't pause before she started the count, and it was abrupt and quick, which brings to attention the Asher wouldn't be ready when they were supposed to shout their heads off. So in a moment of hesitation, he yelled the only thing that he could think of. One thing that contributed to the word of choice was that Brooklyn was shouting it.

"MOM!" he yelled at the top of his lungs, successfully gaining Lisa's attention, as well as Brooklyn's.

Both women whipped their head towards him and while the prior looked at him funny, thinking what the hell had gotten into him that drove him into calling her 'mom', the latter was gagging on her own saliva, wheezing for breath the moment she heard her lover yell exactly what she did, embarrassing himself.

He slowly lowered his volume until it became utter silence, where Brooklyn's giggles could be heard as loud horns blaring. When she noticed the attention, she shut up and just like that, all eyes were back on Asher. He gritted his teeth to sate his embarrassment but it doesn't work.