ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ

Morning came and Brooklyn turned in her sleep. She felt the sun that was beaming through the curtains hit her face and her eyelids fluttered open. The sunlight caused a slight disturbance to her vision and she blinked furiously to get her eyes back into focus.

Reluctance hung in the air as she pulled the soft duvet away from her body. The bed was comfortable and smelled so good she could stay in it forever and never leave. It was calling her to lie back down and she wanted it to strap her to it.

About last night, she remembered that she had went home with Asher to his mansion. They were supposed to be intimate with each other but they somehow managed to stumble into different beds that night.

It was odd in itself that he would pass up something as good as a fuck, but then she suddenly recalled her mom. She was injured, and they took her back here to fix her up.

The both of them were on the road into the state of a haze when he stopped them from going further. She couldn't remember the reason, but they ended up in separate beds and the one he so happened to give her was heaven and she couldn't seem to fall back on Earth.

But alas, she was a human and she has bodily functions like any other male or female. Her bladder screamed bloody murder by the time she carried herself to the bathroom to relief her bladder from carrying too much weight.

When she was done performing her daily routine, she decided to follow the smell of bacon that became evident to her senses after the turn in a hallway.

She was expecting a chef or someone that at least knew their way around the kitchen - to have the ability to make something smell so good you'd need experience, right?, but what she didn't expect was seeing Asher wearing an apron frying a piece of bacon on a pan.

He hasn't noticed her presence yet as he flipped the bacon over to fry the other side. The sound of oil sizzling filled the kitchen and the smell was almost heavenly.

She wanted to sneak over there to steal a piece of bacon from the stack he made. Who was gonna eat so much?

He turned around to add another one to the growing pile, but that was also when he spotted her as she wasn't quick enough to duck behind the wall. Darn it, she had wanted to observe a little while more just to see if he'd mess up. But by the looks of it, he was very much in his element.

"Brooklyn," he grinned cheerily, "sleeping beauty's finally awake. Do you by chance want bacon?" he gestured to the endless amount before him, "I wanted to make a few pieces to surprise you with breakfast in bed or something but I guess I got caught up," he scratched the back of his head in dismay.

The bacon does look tasty, and it would probably be better if she stomached it.

But there was also something else that would be yummier.

"Yeah, sure. Why not," she muttered instead before getting onto the stool by the counter. Her eyes screamed heart signs as she beheld the plate in front of her; fried, crispy bacon waiting to be devoured.

Feeling greedy, she stole a piece and popped it into her mouth. Her eyes rolled to the back of her head when the taste hit her taste buds and she savored the juicy crispness.

"Oh my God," she moaned, "how do you make these. It's literally God's gift from above."

"It's called talent, babe."

"Oh please," she rolled her eyes, taking another one and completely disregarding the empty plate that he handed to her.

Seeing as no one was using it, he decided to use it for himself as he got a fork and a knife to eat like a normal person, unlike that cavewoman of a PA.

"Oh right, since we're in a light mood, I wanted to tell you that your mother is in good condition," he told her and her eyes immediately lit up at the news. "Her wound is all stitched up and bandaged, was given some meds to numb the pain a bit. Don't worry its not anything strong. And she's in good hands."

"That's great," she radiated happiness. "Can you bring me to her after?" she asked as she ate another piece.

"Whatever you want babe."

After that, there was a pregnant silence as the both of them had nothing to say. Asher was eating quietly but contradicting to him, Brooklyn chewed loudly and noisily.

She cleared her throat. "Asher, I've always wanted to ask... Well, not always but ever since it happened, you know..." she said awkwardly, "Why do you call me babe? I didn't make any threat to ask you to show any form of endearment towards me, did I?" she asked curiously, the space between her brows disappearing. "All I did was just give a simple request that you call me by my first name. But you hardly do that, you call me 'babe' all the time."

He grinned cheekily despite her embarrassed state. "I call you that because I want to. It's not like I see you complaining."

She wanted to protest and say otherwise, but she kept her mouth shut. Instead, she stuck her tongue at him in the form of playful banter, "that's because I don't want to bruise your ego when the media gets the scoop."

"Imagine, 'Asher Woods, CEO and billionaire of Woods Inc. got rejected giving pet names.' Sounds terrible, doesn't it."

He rolled his eyes and threw his head back in laughter. "The tabloids won't give a damn about what I do in my free time, unless it's either a breaking news investment, a scandal, or if I had a girl by my side."

His voice died down at that as the sound of the news from a telly I didn't realize was even on came to focus. They were talking about something I should've payed attention to.

"Asher Woods spotted having dinner with an unknown girl. Beautiful as she may be, no one has seen her in real life let alone know her name, some people are doubting she was even real. However, despite obvious doubts, an anonymous source had told us that she was his personal assistant in his successful business establishment. Had Asher Woods really went down a level and wants to get with the help?"

A picture of the both of them kissing appeared on the TV. It was from when he helped her out of the car and he had pecked her lips in some sort of reward.

She stared in aghast as the TV transferred back to the anchorwoman. She looked at Asher and saw that he also had the same dumbfounded expression written all across his face. Just as he talked about having a girl too.

Yesterday when they were at the front of the restaurant, there were people, sure, but there wasn't a single person that held a huge ass camera that could pose as a pap. But if there was, not one of the both of them saw, they wouldn't have been surprised otherwise.

There wasn't that bright camera flash as well, or it would've alerted them and they could probably buy off the guy. He didn't even try to blackmail them, just sent it straight to the press.

"Huh, what a coincidence," she said when came out from her initial state of shock, "right on time too."

"Brooklyn, really? They just announced to the world that I potentially have a girl and you think about that?"

She raised her hands in surrender, "just tryna lighten the mood."

"It's not a good time," he grunted. "Enjoy breakfast, I need to handle this."

____________________

Next chapter gets steamy💦 that involves some 8===D so stay tuned.