ᵗʰᶤʳᵗᵉᵉᶰ

"Babe, relax," Asher stopped Brooklyn from following her mom into the house, "Samuel can handle it."

She wrestled out of his hold. "No. Just let me- just let me make sure she's fine."

Samuel had carried Lisa bridal style into the mansion. He made it look effortless with the way he was carrying her with ease, the opposite of Brooklyn just now as she was huffing huge breaths.

"Stop it," he soothed, "there's a doctor in there attending to her wounds. He will perform whatever medical procedures that's needed and by the time she wakes up tomorrow, she'll be like brand new."

Brooklyn had stopped struggling in the middle of his speech. "Will she really be fine?" she asked hopefully.

Asher was satisfied that she wasn't hysterical anymore, but it wasn't nice to give people false hope. "I can't promise anything but let's not think the worse, okay? All we can do is pray for the best and hope the worst don't come."

"Okay."

"Good." He pulled her to his chest and ran his fingers through her hair comfortingly. "Now let's get you inside and I'll make you a cup of hot chocolate - or whatever you like, and then you can get some rest. I'll be with you the whole time."

"Okay."

They were at the mansion that was the target of Brooklyn's break in one week before. The place still looked spotless as she first came in, but looking at it now, there was no way she would've been able to go in and out without anyone noticing. There were too many staffs.

Every corner they turned, there were at least two of them making sure the mansion remained spotless 24/7. Wearing black or not, she might be able to blend in outside the house, but there was no way she can camouflage in this brightly lit house.

"Miya," Asher called out to a maid, "clean up the master bedroom in the West wing, and make sure that our guest's every need is granted. I want her to be as comfortable as possible."

"Right away, Mr Woods." She scrambled off to the direction of the West wing to complete the job she was given.

"You're giving my mom the master bedroom?" Brooklyn asked quizzically, "where are you gonna sleep?"

"I'll sleep wherever you sleep," he kissed her forehead. Brooklyn snuggled closer to him; he was so warm and welcoming.

"Seriously though."

He smiled against her hair. "I have more than one masters. Mine is the biggest, obviously. I'll need a big bed for what I want to do with you, if you let me."

"I-"

"It's okay. I'm not forcing you to do anything." He said quickly to prevent any judgment from her part. She was in a place between a rock and a hard place, he didn't want to force her into doing anything she didn't want to at the moment.

"Thank you."

It was nice having someone that was understanding by your side at all times, it makes life so much easier where no one questions your every move.

Asher was not always like this, but today showed that he could be more than what he'd like people to see. He can be the serious, controlling, demanding, straight-to-the-point CEO, but he can also play the part of a caring, compassionate, loving...whatever he was.

And he doesn't ask for anything in return. He gives his all and take nothing back. But he doesn't do this for just anyone, only the special people in his life.

He held her by the shoulders and guided her towards a flight of stairs. "Come. This way."

She followed his lead and they walked upstairs hand in hand.