ᵗʰᶤʳᵗʸ ᶠᶤᵛᵉ

The door banged behind them when Asher slammed it closed. He produced a key from his pocket and locked the for shut, keeping Hunter securely inside his office until further notice. Brooklyn stood by his side and watched with concern at how Asher was acting.

He wasn't like himself, acting on impulse and without thinking. Something has got into his head and he wasn't thinking straight, only by what was obvious and doing it without so much as going through it first. This type of actions might be the one that brought them together but with the wrong people, it would lead to bad things happening and she wasn't going to just sit around and wait for that to happen.

Chasing after him down the halls to their room, Brooklyn grabbed his arm roughly and turned him around, with a mission in mind she looked at him head on, silently cursing that she wasn't as tall as him and couldn't be as intimidating.

How she wished she has those traits now when she can put it to good use. There were so many times where Asher used intimidation to get what he wanted from her, sometimes with manipulation too.

Deciding to use what she had to her own advantage, she squared her narrow shoulders and stared straight into his eyes, needing him to know that she was serious, and walked a few more steps forward so that they were only a few inches apart.

She poked his chest, forcing down a wince when her small, delicate finger made contact with his hard chest. "Whatever it is you think you're doing, Asher, you need to stop it right now and start functioning your brain again for something smarter than this. Stop acting on impulse and think rationally, would you."

"What are you talking about," he asked, not getting her point and emphasized on his idiocy when he briskly brushed it off like it was nothing.

He turned to walk away as if he wasn't interested in listening anymore. Brooklyn fumed and grabbed him back, turning him around she gave him a good slap across the face that took him by surprise.

His head snapped to the side but he was quick to tilt it back so he can measure with her. "Did you just slap me?" he sneered incredulously, hand flying to the side of his cheek that was starting to burn. "Because by the way I see it, you did and that can only mean that someone is getting punished tonight."

She scoffed, "I'm not going anywhere near a bed with you until you're done thinking with your dick, do you understand that? Or is that too difficult for your messed up brain."

"Don't insult me, Brooklyn," he warned, once again the dimwitted side of him came out to play, "I can destroy you just as quick as I brought you into fame, I wouldn't want to test me if I were you."

"I'm not afraid of you," she raised her chin, challenging him to throw another excuse in her face. "You can punish me and use all the toys you want when you're done being a foolish idiot, but now, I'm not interested in sleeping with you."

"I understand," he gritted out, not at all pleased with the fact that she was calling him an 'foolish idiot', and that he was also on sex arrest until he pulled his shit together apparently.

What man would want his girl to tell him what to be, what does that make him? Barely an hour ago she presented him to see the truth that was right in front of him the whole time, but then he was too blind with anger himself to see it. He needed Brooklyn to tell him what to see, what to believe because he cannot tell what's wrong or right.

Now, just to cement it in his head that he needed to see sense, she pulled the one stunt that none of the both of them can resist if the words was laid out in the open. For a person that wasn't thinking properly, he seemed to sober up damn fast when she threw their sex life into the equation.

Sighing, he ran his hand through his hair, making a mess out of the locks that were once in perfect place and his eyes closed as if he was trying to clear his head. His lips were set into a grim line as his face contorted with concentration. "Hunter is a dick," he said forcefully when his eyes opened again, clear and bright from anything stupid, but his words were not, "he is a bloody asshole that deserves to have his face permanently imprinted in a brick wall, he doesn't know manners and that antagonizing smirk should be wiped off his fucked up face forever. He thinks he's too intelligent but that only gives away that he isn't as bright as he thinks he is, and is an idiot to think that he is invincible from the law and needs a reality check," he went on and on, leaving only empty hope in Brooklyn's body as she let the words sink in, "but he's a dickwad and I don't want my girl to think of me like that too."

That last sentence stood out to her and her slumped shoulders straightened as she looked him in the eye. "Pardon?"

"I love you and it hurts to know that you think of me that way. I'm sorry I shouted at you but I let my false judgement get the better of me and I was not myself," he said regretfully, "I did some stupid things and said some stupid words but the one thing that I regret the most was that it was directed at you. I accused you blindly of something you didn't commit and I'm greatly sorry for that," his voice, it was lowered and apologetic, showing just how much he knew what he did was wrong and he wanted to be pass that stage.

It broke her heart to know that he was beating himself up for something that can only be considered human. He wasn't someone that doesn't have feelings and when he saw that someone was in his office rummaging through his things, he could only come to one conclusion and there wasn't many ways he could act.

His brain shut down and for a moment he could only look at things in one direction, which led him to be where he was now. He said a bunch of things that he shouldn't have and now he needed to work hard to get out of the ditch he fell into himself, not just blindly forgiven as if it was nothing. How else does a person learn a lesson.

"I'll forgive you for now, only because you have larger matters at hand to take care of and I don't want to be on your conscious when you do. You don't need the extra burden," Brooklyn answered him, sending him into another wave of regret. Why did he have to be so impulsive. "We'll talk about it after you've resolved the situation, okay?"

"Okay," Asher gave in, although reluctantly but when Brooklyn says something, he never had much power in him to object.

"Good," she nodded like she was satisfied with his answer, bobbing her head. They were quiet for a bit and Asher was quick to notice that she has her thinking face on, which doesn't tend to happen often. "So...what will be your next move, on the Hunter situation, I mean," finally, she asked, turning to face him.

He pursed his lips, having a thoughtful expression, "I'll try to get what I can of him, probably. If he still won't talk, the only plausible way is to hand him to the police, but I want to squeeze as much as I can of him first," he concluded. "I prefer to handle things on my terms," he said, glancing at her, "is that okay with you?"

She agreed wholeheartedly, "sure, do what you need, I'll support you. Just, don't do anything dumb like disfiguring his face or end up killing him, alright?" she joked, smiling slightly.

Laughing at her lame attempt to brighten things up, he leaned in to peck her on the cheek, a wistful smile on his face when he had thoughts of properly kissing her. If only he hadn't done what he did, then he'd be able to hold her and kiss her how he pleased.

"I'm gonna go grab some early dinner," he said with a crooked smile that aways got her to melt, "wanna come with?" offering an outstretched hand to her, she briefly glanced at it before muttering a 'what the hell', smiled and took his warm hand in hers.

He grinned in success and led the way, and somehow in the distance of their room to the front door, his hands found their way to her lower back where they went seeking a spot just below appropriate.

But she didn't mind.

___________________

I feel like it's too fast paced, what'd you think?