ᵗʷᵉˡᵛᵉ

The meal was great, but the company was greater. After Asher and Brooklyn had their intense conversation, their waiter came to take their order. Apparently they had taken too long to ring the bell and he had to come without being called.

They ordered their food and drank their wine, making good non-sexual talk on the dining table. Asher had embarrassed Brooklyn a lot by talking about her body, and the tables beside theirs so happen to have heard too.

She had to make him promise never to pull a stunt like that again, and he agreed. But not without casting a condition. She had to stay at his for the weekend.

Brooklyn would've agreed immediately, if not for the fact that she had told her mom that she would be home by tomorrow. Her mom would flip if she isn't home by then, considering the circumstances they left her to. But Asher told her that they would make a trip back, explain the situation, and then she was all his.

The plan was alright. They were to go back, and talk to her mom. But there wasn't only one person that greeted them when they got to the house. Her dad was home too, and with what happened between Brooklyn and her dad the last time they interacted, things ought to get ugly.

"Brooklyn," Bruce answered the door, surprised that her daughter was there. Her mom must've told him that she wasn't coming home that night.

The air knocked out of Brooklyn's lungs. "Dad?"

"Yeah," he scratched the back of his head. "Look, Brooklyn, about last time.."

"I don't want to talk about it," she dismissed. "Where's mom?" She pushed him aside and walked into the house, but he pulled her back. "What the fuck!"

"Don't you dare walk away from me," he growled. His just now apologetic expression had long gone and changed to a thunderous one.

She held his wrist that was holding her arm to tightly. "That hurts," Brooklyn winced, trying to loosen his hold.

His eyes flashed. "That's pleasing to know." He raised his hand, like he was about to hit her.

"I would advise against that," a cool, stormy voice came from behind her. She didn't need to look, she already knew what that deep voice belonged to.

Asher was supposed to stay in the car and let her speak with hey mom first, then if she wasn't out by five minutes, he would go in to help. No woman could resists his charms.

"Who the fuck are you," Bruce spat, his lips twisted in disgust.

"I'm her boyfriend," he slowly approached. When he stood beside them, he took her free hand, squeezing it tightly. "Let go," he commanded, nodding towards her clutched hand.

Her dad gave a bitter laugh. "Who do you think you are, making demands under my roof. She is my daughter."

"And she's my girlfriend. I treat her better than you had your whole life. Let go."

He dropped her hand but stepped towards Asher immediately, his eyes gleamed, promising danger will take place in the next few minutes.

"Go find your mom," Asher said softly to Brooklyn, letting go of her hand, and her footsteps frantically dart to the living room.

"Mom!" she called again and again.

Bruce pushed hard at Asher's chest, but he didn't move. He had stood in a defense stance, knowing that this would definitely happen. Sooner or later, one of them will land the first blow, and it was better to be prepared than be lying on the ground.

He wasn't useful if he was unconscious. Who would ensure Brooklyn's safety then?

"I suggest you leave, go far far away and leave my family alone," her dad said lowly, pronouncing every word. His face told that he wanted to start a war, he wanted to bash Asher's head against hard concrete, ruining that pretty face.

"That's funny, because I was about to say the same thing," he replied. "You're a piece of shit, and you don't deserve those two women as family. Brooklyn and her mom are strong women that should be treated with respect. Not the way I witnessed."

Bruce shoved Asher again. "You don't just barge into my house and tell me how to run my family!" he burst. "Get the fuck out of my house, and don't fucking come back."

"I'm sorry, Mr Reid, but I can't do that."

"Get out or I'll call the fucking cops," he yelled.

Asher shrugged. "Do whatever you want, I don't really care."

Bruce sneered and picked up his phone in taunt, but he kept on peeking at Asher in hopes that his actions would provoke him to leave without putting up a fight. He dialed the emergency number and put the phone to his ear. "Hello...yes. There's a guy that came barging into my house and threatened me...yes...okay. Thank you." He put down the phone.

"Really?" Asher asked, raising an eyebrow, "That's the best you can do? Threatened you?" He opened his mouth to continue taunting him, but he heard quiet sobs coming in another direction. He snapped his attention towards Brooklyn, coming back to the foyer with her mom by her side, arm slung over her shoulder.

"Asher," she called weakly, barely able to stand with the weight of her mom on her. 

He quickly rushed to her side, not caring that no one will be looking at her dad. All that mattered was that she was fine. "Brooklyn," he called, helping to carry Lisa. She was limp and all the weight fell on him. "What happened?"

"Knife wound on the arm," she sobbed, scared.

"Hey, look at me," he said. "Look at me. It's going to be fine, alright?" he comforted, "We're going to go back to my place, and we'll patch her up. Then I'll call a doctor to check up on her, make sure she's really okay."

"Promise?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "Now dry those eyes, and help me bring your mom to the car."

They took each side of her arm and hoisted her slowly, careful not to add any more damage to her wound. The cloth around her arm was soaked in blood, and she was barely conscious.

Bruce stood in their way, blocking their path. "Where the fuck do you think you're going. That's my wife."

"A wife that you clearly don't give a shit about."

"Don't tell me what I don't do," he spat, balling his fist.

Asher scoffed. "Let me rephrase it then. There are cops coming to this location this very moment. What are you going to tell them when they come knocking on your door when they see your bleeding, unconscious wife. See this as me doing you a favor. Now move."

Her dad gritted his teeth, but deep down he knew what Asher said was the truth. The police would arrive in a few minutes, and there was going to be a bleeding Lisa hiding in one of the rooms. It was better a risk not taken. With heavy reluctance, he stepped to the side to let them pass.

"Wise choice. Let's go, babe."

They fumbled out the threshold and to the driveway. Samuel dutifully opened the door for them as usual and Asher made sure Lisa had enough room for her to lie down comfortably.

"Asher," a soft hand came on his shoulder and he turned back to look at her. She was still pretty when she had tear stains down her face, but she would've looked better without them. "I want to sit with her."

He smiled in understanding, "of course." He moved out of the way and let her get in. She smiled back weakly. "Careful," he warned when she lifted her mom's head to place on her lap.

"It's okay. I got this."

"Good." He gave her a kiss on the forehead and closed the door. The door to the passenger side opened and he got in. "Samuel, go home. And make sure by the time we reach back there's a doctor on standby."

"Consider it done, Mr Woods."