ᶠᶤᶠᵗᵉᵉᶰ💦

A knock on his office door resounded throughout the interior of the room. He looked up from the paperwork he was dealing with after the phone call that just ended. "Come in," he called.

Brooklyn poked her head in after he gave the green light. By the looks of it, she could tell that he wasn't expecting it to be her. He had that surprised look in his eyes. "I..asked for directions," she explained.

"Of course you did." He put aside the papers that he was dealing with and intertwined his fingers on the desk, "Come in, Brooklyn. Didn't you hear the first time? And close the door."

Briskly, she did as she was told. She went forward to the front of the table and fidget with her fingers as she waited for him to say something or break the silence.

"What are you doing here, Ms Reid."

Great, back to square one.

She cleared her throat. "I came to apologize for my behavior earlier. I shouldn't have found it humorous, that was wrong on my part."

Asher remained emotionless. "Are you really?" She nodded quickly, "if that's so then apology accepted." Then he grinned a megawatt smile that was so big his cheeks might snap.

Brooklyn was lost for words. At first he looked so stern and disappointed, then he was happy and smiling and doesn't look like he wanted to kill someone. What is this guy on? Because she couldn't keep up with him.

"I think there's something wrong with your cheeks," she offered lamely, still confused with his sudden change of behavior. "Do you need to get it checked?"

He chuckled at her demise. "Sorry for the attitude, babe. Just wanted to see how on edge you are with the whole news thing. Not much, I'd say, considering you're not having two left feet and wailing about to anyone that would listen."

"Forgive me for worrying more about what you think," she scowled. "You left me in the kitchen, barely eaten anything, and you literally stormed to your office. What was I supposed to feel."

"I had to ask my team to subdue the news. And if they are still on us after a few days, we'll come up with a cover story and feed it to the press as a backup plan."

Her lips twisted even more. "So you're saying that I was pacing in my room, worried sick about what you're gonna do to me, and all the while you didn't even mind being on the news about having a mistress."

"Pretty much."

"I hate you."

"No, you don't. You're worried sick about what I'm gonna do to you," he smirked, "and you should. Since the news already leaked, might as well make the most out of it."

"You're a very horny man."

He shrugged nonchalantly, "Usually I would deny it, but you make my blood go down south every time I'm near you. So if I do I'll be lying, and I don't lie for no reason."

She stuck her tongue at him, her face scrunching up in a cute way.

"I can think of better things you can do with that tongue, Ms Reid," he suggested, raising to his feet and walking towards her in slow strides.

Her breath hitched and her heart pumped quicker in her chest. He reached her and touched her face lightly, tracing down to her jaw and down her chin, lifting her face up so that he could look at her eyes.

He liked those eyes, always bright and lively, but they change when he was close to her. When he comes near her, they would cloud over with want and desire, like she can't keep away even if she tried. He has that effect on her.