ᶠᵒᵘʳᵗʸ

Asher pulled Brooklyn closer to his side as she anxiously waited for the arrival of Jessica and Hunter at the entrace of his house. After giving her reasons, and despite how many times Asher assured her that it's none of his business, it still is.

They came to a mutual conclusion that they would have an open mind about the situation because both of them in a way, cheated him. And no matter how he reassured her otherwise, she still intervened with his problems and if anything, his understanding only unnerve her even more.

When Jessica and Hunter came around the corner, Brooklyn visibly tensed and she breathed in a harsh breath. Asher had to pull her more firmly against him and whisper some words to calm her dowm. There wasn't much difference supposedly, but at least she didn't have ragged breath and looked like she was about to pass out.

Even though he has his understanding, Jessica and Hunter didn't know that. When they rounded the corner and saw Asher beside Brooklyn, they were skeptical at first, thinking that he somehow found out and was there to pull Hell down to Earth. But he didn't seem furious, so they proceeded anyway.

The arrival of the duo caused the girl beside him to tense tremendously. Something about their betrayal seemed surreal to her and she can't imagine having her best friend stab her in the back like that. Nonetheless, she had her resolve and now was just to say goodbye.

Asher tightened his arms around her and pulled him closer than possible, and they awaited them. Hunter was the first to acknowledge them. "Hey, man, thanks for this."

His jaw ticked but he remained collected. "Don't thank me, if it weren't for Brooklyn I'd rather you locked up somewhere far and concealed, just so I wouldn't see you again."

It doesn't take a genius to know what he means, "Brooklyn," Hunter turned to her, "I don't say this enough but I'm sorry if I came off as a creep at the start. And I really appreciate what you're doing for us."

"Don't worry about it," she said. "If we're being honest I did this more for myself, really. I'd hate to be the reason behind family disasters and arguments." She was comforted in the embrace of the man she loves under the pressure of consulting two individuals that had it out for her.

"Nonetheless, I owe you one," he nodded, and there was respect in his eyes now, "you really saved us from a whole lot of ass whooping when we get back. They still think I'm at a friends' beach house for the week," he chuckled softly but it sounded strained. "Asher, I know I acted like an arrogant asshole and you rather I get locked up, but even through all that, you still allow me to see the sun and for that I'm eternally grateful. It doesn't matter that you still want my head on a platter, I can't ever say thank you enough."

"Like I said, I don't need your thank yous nor do I want it. But if your adamant on giving it, I'm the wrong person for it."

"I'm saying it to the both of you. On behalf of Jess and I, we will be in a way, in debt to the two of you, possibly for a lifetime. It was a stupid spur of the moment thing when we decided to break in, and now I wish we didn't consider it at all."

"What's done is done, Hunter," Brooklyn voiced as she wriggled to free herself and walked towards him, "you can't change that but what you can do it not make the same mistakes twice. You won't always get a house owner that is so kind and understanding on the other end." She looked behind her to give Asher a meaningful look.

"Trust me, this is lesson learned enough," he scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "safe to say, this will never happen again," with one last weak smile and another nod of gratitude, he took his leave through the front door, leaving Jessica behind to make ammends.

She was very quiet, and one look at her could tell that she was relieved that nothing would happen. Despite the bravado thing she had going on, it's like she said, a person can change in the span of a few years, but not so much until you're unrecognizable.

"Brooklyn," she directed her first word, "Hunter already mentioned most of what I wanted to say, but he didn't say one thing, and that is even though I've said some harsh words that must've cut deep, you still found it in yourself to forgive me, and that literally shows what kind of person you are. It just proves to show that I was wrong when I said you were a different person just because of time, because you are still the same kind-hearted, trusting, easy-going person that I thought was dead just because you left me alone.

"What I'm trying to say is I want to take back what I said, if that's possible. You don't deserve to be on the receiving end of my petty grudges when you won't hold your own," she tentatively reaches one hand out and patted Brooklyn on the shoulder. "You don't deserve any of the lies I told, not the insults and definitely not the hatred. Especially not the hatred.

"You're a good person, I just hope I saw it sooner," she said ruefully, "preferably before I did so many stupid things and caused me a good friend. Hopefully you're still up for that coffee some time?"

"Don't doubt it," Brooklyn answered. Although she should be angry she isn't. She's just happy and glad beyond words that everything turned out the way she wanted, "I'll count on you for the call."

Jessica smiled and with one look at Asher, she turned to leave as well, taking the same route as her cousin, leaving the both of them behind.

Coming up behind her, Asher snaked his arms around her waist. He seemed to like to do that. "That turned out well," he commented, planting a kiss on the side of her head.

"Yeah. It sure did."

•••

Do you ever feel like you're living in a dream where everything is to your expectations and just downright bloody fantastic you don't ever want to wake up? Or that you feel like you were in a fairytale where a prince charming was riding on his white horse racing down to wake you up from a horrid curse?

Well, that was how Brooklyn was feeling.

I

t was after a very romantic dinner at the place of their first date, just for reminisce purposes, Asher and Brooklyn stumbled home well pass midnight through their front door, lips locking in a sensual dance as he was carrying her through the wide foyer, hands under her ass it keep her from falling.

Her hands were behind his head, pushing him closer and kissing him with fervor need, at the same time enjoying the feel of his silky black locks through her fingers.

Prying her lips with his tongue, she gladly granted him access and she fought for dominance, but after a while she was satisfied with letting him take the lead. He carried her up the stairs leading to their shared bedroom, and with unsteady hands he pushed the door open, immediately closing it with the heel of his foot after they entered.

He pulled away and took a second to look at her, gazing lovingly into her eyes before placing her on the bed softly. She smiled at him, happy to be with him again minus all the negatives that had happened lately.

Crawling above her, she stared at him as he moved with certainty and pride, looking down at her every inch with love. She sucked in a breath when his eyes finally met hers, struck by the intensity that he gives out all the time.

Asher gave her a sexy smile, one that promised a night of pleasure and the room filling with wanton moans. She placed her arm around his neck.

"I love you, baby," he murmured.

Brooklyn heaved a sigh of content. "I love you more," and he swooped her into another round of sensual but passionate kisses, his hands travelling all over her body like he couldn't get enough of her.

~ T H E   E N D ~

.
.
.

"Asher, why did you start calling me babe?"

"That was when I wanted you to have my babies."

___________________

Yeah...it's done. Hope you enjoyed this journey and here's to more to come 🍸